Incest Debate

Discussion in 'Random' started by Gaw, 8 Aug 2013.

1. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

No one is pregnant yet, right?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

clarify this for us speedy

3. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

yeah, it's not like there's disabled people child planning in this thread yet

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  4. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

I'm worried becuase theres a limited amount of people here eligible for child bearing :|

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • List
  5. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Not with incest there isn't

6. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

I'll be your babymomma.

7. Hey, I like you.

You can come home and fuck my goldfish.

8. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

too soon

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

This has devolved into shit posting. No one has offered a valid reason for incest being immoral. If two consenting adults want to have sex then who the fuck are you to judge them? The only argument ever presented against it is that repeated inbreeding causes genetic defects, but as Speed says people who have genetic disabilities that will affect their children aren't looked upon with nearly as much derision as anyone who thinks that incest might not be immoral. Also, that wouldn't explain why homosexual incestuous relationships are looked down upon by people who accept homosexuality. Of course, in the way that Speed originally suggested it it seemed that he was advocating incest between underage siblings, or those that still live under the same roof; this is a completely different argument though. You might be tempted to argue that incestuous relationships are very open to abuse. We don't consider dom/sub relationships which are similar to be "immoral" though - perhaps distasteful - so that argument doesn't hold. There are laws against abuse.

There is a huge moral difference between bestiality and incest, unless you're claiming that there's no difference between humans and non-sentient animals. The issue lies in consent.

Think carefully about whether your feelings are just some societal conditioning leading to a kneejerk reaction or whether you can actually support them with a logical argument.

At the moment this thread just reads like a kneejerk bandwagon shitfest, and that really disgusts me.

TL;DR read the post you lazy fuck.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  10. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

i'd make a debate but i need a fag before going to work so ill edit this post later

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

God dammit Sim.

• List
  12. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Good.

Response inadequate pls try again.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Dunno about others but that's precisely what I was doing. Tried to have a semi serious argument with speed earlier in slothbox but it was a train wreck so I'm getting all the banter out of it atm. Sorry to make anyone feel disgusted :bean:

• List
  14. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

It's okay I could never be disgusted by beans.

EDIT: unless they were cold.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

So just to clarify, you're pro incest?

• List
  16. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

More that I don't think it's any of my business if people want to have incestuous relationships unless it's non-consensual. I find it as weird and disgusting as most people, I imagine, but I don't think that's any reason to stop other people doing it.

EDIT: It's like onions. I hate onions. They're disgusting and make me feel nauseous. I don't think that's any reason to stop other people from having onions though, and I can respect that many people do like onions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

That's a different issue entirely, you deny anyone of onions 'if thou deny the right to onions thou shalt encour the wrath of our great lord shrek, lest your life be ogre'

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

I can assure you that my reasons for not denying others onions are entirely non-religious.

All hail Shrek.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. I would post a long post but it would degenerate back into speed misquoting me terribly, pulling facts out of his nowhere and claiming to have read it off articles just like in slothbox. So, I'll just keep it simple:

First of all, incestual relationships have a damn good chance of causing psychological problems which would raise serious issues which any future (love) relationships they might have. If you don't believe me, a quick google of any psych forum will prove my point.

Secondly,

[​IMG]

...representing children with severe defects on birth.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

To first point: there are many types of relationship that could cause this issue. See previous point about dom/sub relationships.

To second point: I can't really comment on a graph like that. It's so ridiculously out of context that it's impossible to get anything from it other than babies from inbreeding are more likely to have genetic defects. I acknowledged this. I do personally consider it immoral to have a baby through incest. Incestuous relationships don't have to result in children though.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)