Incest Debate

Discussion in 'Random' started by Gaw, 8 Aug 2013.

1. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

This thread is still going on?

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Hey, you wanna have incest?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wasn't this closed?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  5. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Apparently not.

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. I find it worrying that speed like'd that post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Yep, after reading through these seven pages, that is totally and definitely the most worrying thing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Why has your name changed back to Hellreaver?!

9. Yeah but I found that worrying ages ago

10. Because I fucking asked for it to.

11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

That's no way to speak to your superiors Shit Heaver.

Apologise at once.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  12. It's fine that people get different colours, names, special ranks/badges etc just for being friends with the right people, because it doesn't really affect me. However, when I'm denied a name change and then subsequently have my name changed to something as retarded as that, it's simply not on.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Wow there big boy, I was joking.

Didn't mean to get those jimmies all rustled.

(malta joke more than anything else)

• Douglas Douglas x 3
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  14. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

"i was only joking" can't be considered an excuse when your idea of joking is acting like a self-righteous wanker

i don't mind people at all who enjoy getting a rise out of others and trying to piss them off online. i even do it a fair bit myself, although i like to think i have a limit or what i'll say and act like. but whenever you're challenegd about it dan, you immediately turn around and act like you didn't mean to (or act like a victim in some way). that's what's i find pathetic about you - you don't have the backbone to face the repercussions of being a douchebag to people, yet you still act like one.

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Clearly you've never listened to a conversation between myself and Hellreaver before.

We rake the shit out of each other all the time, I didn't realise that it was a sensitive topic this time. I don't dislike Hellreaver, I think he's a funny guy and I enjoy having a laugh with him.

I think you need to chill out, take deep breaths and count to ten.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Mad x 1
    • List
  16. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

and on that note, increase your repertoire to include more than just "lol u mad xD"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hey guys, when did this debate about incest turn into something...bad?

Now kiss and make up, but only if you can prove you're second cousins.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Eh, I seriously maintain that the exact same arguments related to gay, bi, and everything else, also apply to incest. I can't help it people immediately jump to paedophilia and lack of consent and forced marriages and whatnot; those can all exist within gay, straight, or any other relationships as well. But apparently, incest is 'yucky' - just like being gay still is in certain parts of the world - and that's basically where the logic ends? Well, Falsey said something about mental stuff / abusiveness the last time, which did make sense, but yeah, every relationship can be abusive? That's no reason to ban all relationships. I don't get the vehement opposition to it, but ah well, I don't feel like arguing it (a first! :P).

As for the rest; do you actually expect me to give normal, serious replies? I'm disappointed. /o\

19. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

No. Those things are not comparable. If that is your oppinion do not tell anyone else. Keep stuff like that to yourself.
    Man, that is messed up...

20. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

The thing is, for every species that isn't asexual it is better to mate with an individual that is as different genetically as possible so that there will be genetic diversity. The genepool of familymembers is (usually) similar to each other. Humans can't identify people by their genes so we can't identify them as family or as "bad mates". But avoiding incest is still hard wired into us by the 'Westermarck Effect'. People who grow up together end up not being sexually attracted to each other. That goes for family and non-family. However, it doesn't work if family members don't grow up with each other. There is a story about twins that got devided at birth who didn't know they were relayed and ended up marrying each other.

Incest is a tabboo in every culture and it is human nature to avoid incest.

21. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

very not true, incest has been a part of humans forever, everyone were shaggin their sisters in the past, mainly kings looking to keep their bloodlines pure.
    also, even today, I know a lot of orthodox jews that usually marry second cousins.

also don't really have an opinion in this subject, just adding my 2p

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)