Incoming!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by TF2 News, 2 Sep 2009.

1. TF2 News Probably several years late

Incoming!

Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items.

More...

2. Longbow Victorique <3

Re: Incoming!

Darnit geit, you could've said that program wuz evil. ME WANTZ HAT!

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  4. Re: Incoming!

Fuck yeah, halo for me.

Does it work on all classes?

5. Re: Incoming!

Ouch, shame on the idlers.

*looking forward 2 my 1st hat*

6. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Reag image fails for me..

Does Valve really wants us to NOT get hats...

7. Re: Incoming!

yep, just select it in the backpack

:awesome:

Attached Files:

8. Poxie Ray-Banned

I guess it's US VS THEM now then guys. Apart from John healing spah crab <3

9. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Enjoy being noticeable when cloaking.

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

I didn't lose alot if items, Still have most of the good stuff.

11. Longbow Victorique <3

I idled and didnt lose a single item ^^

12. Re: Incoming!

I feel sorry for people that deleted the items they gained properly in favour of higher level idle stuff.

Valve should have only deleted items that people hadn't gained through normal gameplay before gaining it through the idler.

13. Geit Coding wizard!

Valve should've just stopped the idler from working rather than punishing people who used it, even if they only used it for 5 mins.

14. Re: Incoming!

drunken f00l did email valve before making the idle server program public, he received no reply...

15. Re: Incoming!

so mabey VALVe wanted everyone to use the program, and when evryone did they punished them?
    or mabey not?

16. Re: Incoming!

I used it for 15 seconds - luckily in between heartbeats on their fake server by the looks of it.

17. Re: Incoming!

i think valve wanted this to happen ... cause they had their halos done but didnt know what to do with it^^

18. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

i gotz a pretty hat like 2 mins after joining a 2fort server with squeak :3 should have heard his rage over teh mic on seXfire <3 got some shitty sniper hat tho, professional something blah blah, i said i would give it squeak to make him feel less bad :D

19. Poxie Ray-Banned

My friend emailed Valve and asked them whether the idler would have negative impacts on his account, they replied saying it would not. Valve only really worried about it when people on Steam forums bawwed about it, and that it was hitting 11000 idlers. If they wanted us to stop they should have had a policy created sooner and they should have stated...

20. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

What's this about a halo?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)