Is everyone becoming Admin now????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robbiebob, 13 Feb 2009.

1. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Is everyone becoming Admin now????

I've noticed that both apex and kid are server admins now... And I thought GM was very strict about admin applications and admin..... other thingies :D :lol:

My question was why could they get admin so fast :D
    I haven't seen any topic that admin applications are now open or either of them requested admin rights... So are admin applications now open or did they ask a couple of leaders/deputies???

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

From what i understand you just have to be trusted by a leader and then ask for it to get it.

Needs revamping/revising TBH.

3. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

+1, and +1.

4. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

I have to agree with Robbiebob.

We should stay in the rules, shouldn´t we?

5. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

agree

6. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

djshrew was the one who told me to go for it, and kidcaster gave me the final push.

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

You did? :shock: You've been deceived...

>.>

<.<

+1 Geit and the rest

8. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Me, Apex and Savage were trusted by darki to get our server admins. (we all got it at the same time near enough :P )

9. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

Don't bring me into this :? :o

:lol:

10. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

too late :) its in a darker colour now!

11. LienK Wat

I don't really see the use of having this many admins on the GM servers... There really aren't that many rulebreakers.
    I've been a member for quite a while now, and I don't think I've ever really thought while playing 'Gah, I wish I was an admin now, so I could kick/ban/mute' etc.

So I don't see why people keep asking for admin. Is it just because you want to 'have the power'? :lol: Becasue I don't think you will ever get any real use for it.

12. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

we have admins from all over Europe mostly lol sometimes Admins stay up longer than other admins and can catch the abuse going on at night.

13. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

Just yesterday i had to use my admin powers because there was no other admins on. The more admins the better, there are quite a few times there are on admins on epesically since gm has a 6 tf2 servers and 6 zps servers. Oh and dj shrew told me to apply for admin, before he told me to apply i never even though of being an admin.

14. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

I just wanted to be able to vote for crits to be on or off more than anything =/

Although saying that, being able to moderate things is good too -- even just the presence of an admin can stop people from chat spamming/ generally being a fool and breaking the rules ;)

I think we have a good admin:player ratio -- we have admins who are on a lower level (Me, Kid, Apex) who all discuss things with each other (say if there is a hacker on the servers) and take action accordingly whilst talking it over quickly with each other. We also respect the higher level (Founders, Leaders, Deps, and admins with more experience) whom we allow to take control if they are on the servers whilst assisting in whatever way we can, but since they are not always around it's up to the regulars to moderate :)

Edit: And think of this: Isn't the point of having admins to reduce the pressure on regular players so that they can just play? LienK: If you've not encountered a problem yet where you've thought like that, then that means that the admin team is doing its job right :P

15. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

I requested admin for Apex as i want him to learn the maps, for match play. as he needs/ed to practice on the match server, and admin enables him to change the level's. so he can learn the maps, where health is ammo etcc....

16. Geit Coding wizard!

I think we might have a change in routine on this matter...

Anyone who just needs to learn maps etc etc will get the remote console password for the match server, rather than getting admin across all servers.

I'll discuss it with the leaders when I get back from Switzerland

17. Re: Is everyone becoming Admin now????

As long as the person is trusted, i don't see why they can't have limited server admin.

18. Geit Coding wizard!

There is no such thing as "LSA" any more, your admin flags are the same as mine. The only people with higher privileges are leaders. :|

19. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

About the war server, about the switching maps for training, I'd like to have that too, but if I want to train I just look through the internet tab in-game for those maps...

20. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

i wanted admin to play a bigger role in GM, to help the servers and stop peoples fun being ruined by some "game spoiler" today i banned 2 racist people and many was offended, i was glad i could stop it and save everyones fun time on the server :D :D :D having admin rights is a big help to the clan and community, lots of admins mean less "game spoiler" IMHO

btw "game spoiler" could not think of a better word at this time :( lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)