Is this a good Laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Cookies4you, 3 Jun 2012.

1. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

HP Pavilion DV6-6135DX - Here are the specs.

I can get a pretty good deal for one of these, so if anybody else wants to suggest a better
    500$(325 Pounds/402 Euros) laptop, feel free to do it.

So, specs and price-wised, is it a good laptop? My only requirement was, that it would run Minecraft.

2. >hp (famously bad cooling and quality)
    >last gen amd(?)
    >6gb ram for no reason other than to appeal to retards
    >640gb hard disk for same reason
    >5400rpm
    >beats audio
    >shit resolution

But for the price not too bad

3. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

For the price, £325 is fairly good for what is specced. The only thing that really lets it down for me is the boring horrible 1366x768 resolution, but again the price.

Just don't attempt to open them up beyond the back RAM and HDD panels. They're painful to open up compared to other laptops I've had the misfortune to open up. That's about as much experience I've had with a similar looking DV6 anyway.

4. For the price it's decent
    A8 3500m is current gen APU for laptops isn't it? and pretty much all laptops at that price have 5400rpm hdd's the only bad thing about it is, it's HP and the resolution.

5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Think so. A10's haven't seen yet.

Nothing too bad about HP laptops. From my experience, they are fairly resilient to damage. My brothers three year old hp laptop is surviving after having the power slot ripped out twice and soldiered back on twice, keyboard smashed and god knows what. Resolution, every shit laptop these days has 1366x768. I dare ask why, it's a horrible resolution. What's wrong with 1280x800. Oh wait, more bigger numbers at the start. That will sell everything.

6. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

They still make those???

1680 x 1024 is my favorite resolution. Not as pixel whorish as 1980 x 1080, and much nicer looking than 1280 x 720

7. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

If you're referring to screen res, I'd assume so. My macbook is a 2011 model, and that is 1280x800.

Then again I've not really looked for a laptop in years some I dunno.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)