It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Buratinho, 20 Sep 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Yep, running Vista Ultimate x64 since the launch and tested Win7 Beta for 2 moths -> Win7 IS Vista with a few optical changes ->>> FAIL I wont pay for the same OS twice :P

2. Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Try downloading the final version of win7 (that one is coming to stores) can't remember where I downloaded it sry. I'm running it TF2 works fine - everything works fine. Except I can't connect my phone with USB -cable.

PS. Vista sux

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Funny thing to say, since Win7 is nothing but Vista 1.5 ......

I allready have my free copy of Win7 Professional x64 from my university, but i wont install it yet .... maybee if i buy my MacBook Pro 15,4" ill use this Win7 license for my OSX+Win Dual-Boot plans ..... im the type of user that is buying a license for every PC i am using.

4. Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Windows 7 is quite a bit different from Vista, just not aesthetically.

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

Windows 7 is not a thing like Vista.

XP and Vista were made on the same.. "Engine" if you will, based on windows 2000 I believe. However Windows 7 is on a completely new one. It is entirely different. Sure it looks a tad similiar, but you could say that all the versions of windows look a like. And they do.

6. Knud Phat beats only

Bura, does it happen with other games as well?

Try to find some update for your network card driver (Either Marvel or Realtek). See if that perhaps helps?

7. AgentDoubleF I just wanna make you go pop..

im on Evaluation Copy 7260, works perfect cept steam lags while loadin servers..

8. Buratinho Активный Член

no...it's so annoying...

disabled all the unnecessary for the games services, still fail

the one which will be sold in stores is launched on october 22. i have RTM 7600, it differes from the final one only with the absence of the box)

no. 7 is based on modernized Vista engine which was absolutely new. And i haven't noticed many usefull differnced in 7.It doesn't worth its money..

No! Tf is the only game i have any problems with. All the other games are fine. And i installed the latest drivers for my network card for win7, didn't help-.-

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

See ?! Im not the only one that thinks that way ..... Win 7 is nothing but Vista 1.5

If you wanna throw your money away, directed to Micro$oft (/or dont have Vista 1.2 [Vista +SP2] allready) you can buy Win 7 >_>

I wont pay for that "third Vista Service Pack", ill stay @ Vista which is pretty much the same with the same features since Vista gets DX11 as well ...... i wont pay 150€ just for geting rid of my beloved Quick-Icon Bar !!

10. Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

I'm also sticking with Vista until I upgrade my motherboard. :>

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

Happens to me on vista aswell, afaik CPU usage shoots up to 100% while its loading.

12. Knud Phat beats only

Using old mobo?
    If you use Asus/gigabyte/MSI/Foxconn/EVGA, there will be win7 drivers for it.

So no valid reason :P

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Thats not his point - i think, he intends to change his MoBo anyways in the near future.

Thanks to some epic fail coding skills @ Micro$oft it may happen, that your Windows wont boot anymore if you change your motherboard, so you are forced to reinstall your OS, or to have a "nice workarround" to change SOME (:P) files on your system HDD to run your old installation with the new MoBo.

If Dark wants to upgrade his MoBo soon and dont want to install Win 7 twice in a short ammount of time, so he just wait with the OS change.

Am i right, Darki van de H4xXx ?! ^^

14. Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Yup, that's pretty much the reason :)

Once I get the I-Faast bug in Diskeeper sorted out, my Vista will be as good as new so there isn't much of a reason to upgrade :P

15. Fromage "The Cheese"

And who change mobo on a daily basis? Usually they hold up a couple of years.......... :geno:

Erik

16. Knud Phat beats only

Funny that everyone always bash microsoft, but still run windows..
    haha

I'm not 100% sure, but other OS would have the same issue, when you change your mobo, it can have issues.
    Plus, MS does allow some amount of hardware change, every 3 months.
    Its just more a driver issue that can make stuff not working (anymore).

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

After all, who wouldn't clean his PC before installing new hardware anyhow? Most likely lots of things will conflict driver way with any operating system. :)

Erik

18. Buratinho Активный Член

heeeelp meee...i still can't normally play....i need the injection of tf2....:suicide:

19. Re: It looks that my windows 7 doesn' like TF2

Just clean installed 7 and my input lag I had on Vista is no more :D

20. Buratinho Активный Член

i've already installed so much stuff on my pc, so i would be too lazy to do this again:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how does tf2 like win7

2. win7 cpu usage team fortress 2