kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cookiecaster, 5 Mar 2009.

1. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

2. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

Persoanly i would't bother with a blu ray, wait till burners come down to £50-60.
    All the Blu ray u need u can download anyway.

And Overclocking is 100% required. means more proformace for £0's.

My Q6600 overclocks form 2.4ghz to 3.6Ghz easy.

9.6Ghz Vs 14.4Ghz and did't cost me anymore.

3. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

The 4850 is a very good card (i know i have one) but i think it might be a bit pointless for kid, unless he has a res at or above 1650x1050

Yes i know overclocking is good (my e8400 is at 3.6GHz) but kidcaster wont need the extra perfomance , most games only use 1-2 of the cores so quad is pointless.

4. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

But what about future proofing? The X2 6000 also uses up a lot of power and puts out a lot of heat -- something else to think about...

I've got an 8800GTS -- they can be picked up cheap now and I can play all my games at 1600X1200 -- so why not have that extra capacity for the future? It may be fairly powerful by today's standards, but what about tomorrow? Quad core will become the norm so why not if you have teh cash?

Savage

EDIT: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158605 -- BR drive @ £53

5. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

:) I know this, if i was talking sense i would choose 3ghz dual core + OC, however Quad sounds better than dual. 0.o

6. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

7. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

all pc world's pcs are expensive or usless at everything apart from a being table.

8. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

:roll: phail

9. Ash

There is never a reason to HAVE to get a pc from pcworld.. there is a million reason why you HAVE NOT to though xD

10. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

i need a monitor too at the least :O

11. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

yeah, you need to be desperate to get anything from there.

12. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

this is desperate! we are talkin about a while with no games here! lol

(got laptop from there)

13. Ash

Desperate and PC World desperate are 2 different things..

Desperate = your situation..

PC World Desperate = World is coming to an end and there are starving dogs chasing after you and you have no legs left and your pulling yourself on a rope on the floor that leads to PC World..if you let go of the rope you fall into a pit of angry babys..you must get a computer in the next 5 seconds to contact big bird from Sesame Street to save the world..

Only then is it classed as PC World Desperate.. ;o

Could check http://overclockers.co.uk its where I get most my parts .. if your not into building/overclocking your computer you can buy premade overclocked systems from them. They aren't the cheapest place to get parts but they are a reliable company.. I have baught alot of stuff from them in the passed and have only ever had one fan not work from them which they replaced next day delivery no questions asked (wasn't a cheap fan either)

14. Re: kidcaster and his rubbish laptop...

if you get he one you choose @ £580, you would need to buy a good gfx card since the built in one is basisicly usless(£60 for a decent one) (£640 ish)

or my two @ £540 + a monitor about £80-£90 for a 19" one (£620 ish)

15. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

apex helped me find this one :D i'l get this one soon (when mum can be assed to get on the phone):D thanks apex
    ]

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rubbish laptop gaming