KONY 2012

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mole45, 6 Mar 2012.

1. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

If you have not seen this yet then watch it. This is one of the most inspirational things I have witnessed in my time paying attention to the world around me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Gaw discord is my friend now

I highly suggest anyone who watched the Invisible Children video also read this article. Also reddit post for even further reading.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Hmmm - interesting read - I still promote the removal of Kony from power though - just hope that it can be done without people being exploited and their money taken like this post is suggesting...

4. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

You guys...stop cutting onions in here ;_________;

5. I got bored after a couple of minutes :(

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  6. Insane

7. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Oh PLEASE, not here too...

Jesus, people, why does EVERYTHING revolve around this Kony now? You see it everywhere, sheez, I'm getting tired of this bullshit. Sure, he's a bad guy. So what? There are a million others.

Now please stop this retardedness, ok?

/rage

nlspeed
    This message by nlspeed has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Douglas Douglas x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  8. Shocked response.gif

So, just because loads of other people do it that makes it OK? The reason people are against him is because he takes CHILDREN from their homes, makes them kill their parents and subjects them to disgraceful atrocities that no human being should suffer. You're "getting tired of this bullshit"? What about the people who actually live there and suffer under this pitiful excuse for a human?

Don't like the video or content of the thread? Don't read it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I would type a response to that comment but I know I will only end up looking like an arse at the end of it so instead I will do this.
    [​IMG]
    Now I can carry on browsing without having to read all of your Douglas-Worthy comments.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  10. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Double post but oh well. Saw this on my feed this morning and thought I would share it.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

No, of course not. But I see it on every forum, multiple threads, a thousand raffles dedicated to it on TF2R, emails, Steam messages by random people telling me to watch it...

That's just retarded, in my opinion.

Kind of my point; that's impossible.

12. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Maybe its because people want you to support the damn thing? Or don't you actually know what Kony is about because perhaps you havent even watched it yet?

13. Zetsumei Spaceman

I need to get some posters and stuff to put around bradford =D

14. Zetsumei Spaceman

yeah it is a pain to see posts about this a lot worse then being abducted and forced to kill your own family

15. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Way to misintepret what I'm saying...

I find it completely stupid that wherever I go I see this. Of course it's horrible what he does. But why the hype? Why do I see this EVERYWHERE I go? It's like a terribly spammy add... Sure, it's horrible, but you don't have to shove it into my face everywhere I go. In fact, this would make me less likely to support it, if I would do so at all to start with, because I'm only 17 and don't intend to give money to funds or stuff anyway. But that's just me I suppose.

And indeed, I don't know what Kony is about, I mean, I see it like, twenty times a day, surely I wouldn't watch it if I saw it on so many occasions? :P That's just a silly remark; why would I be saying what's happening is horrible if I don't even know what's happening? My point is that it's overexaggerated to ridiculous lengths.

Also, I don't get what Zetsumei's trying to say...?

Yes, it's good to raise the issue, or however you say that in English. But this is just way too exaggerated, and simply annoying at this point.

16. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Watch it. Then respond. If you don't have any idea what a situation is about, don't go around knocking it.

GET.
    FUCKING.
    INFORMED.

Slight issue with ignoring someone is I keep wanting to see what moronic comment he has posted. First World Problems I guess.

Right, now that I have calmed down slightly.

The whole point of this campaign is to make Kony famous, and if that involves slightly irritating a 17 Dutchman then so be it.

17. Seems as if you haven't watched it tho.
    "We want you to spread the message and create awareness". Of course it's going to be everywhere, and it's working.
    The only thing retarded there is your view on it :/

18. Zetsumei Spaceman

• List
  19. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, if we're going to do it like this...

As I said, I've watched it and I do know what the situation is about. Obviously that can't be proven, because anything I put down here could also have come from a quick Google search, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Deserves a funny rating. :P

True. And then? Then he's famous, people donated some money, who knows, maybe the USA or the UN goes in and kill him, that's great and all. But as I said, (part of) my point was, why he specifically? There are countless of those bastards, shouldn't they all be killed? Why is he such a hype all of sudden, and why does it get shoven into my face?

As a side note, this kind of obnoxious 'post this video everywhere and anywhere' might actually turn people off - they might get annoyed, like I (and some other random people you guys probably don't know anyway from the TF2R chat), which is not what the people spamming these videos want.

Because obviously, after having watched it, everyone has the exact same attitutde and reaction...
    ... And anyone who doesn't is a retard who obviously wants this lunatic and his army to rape little children before ordering them to kill their family.

Indeed it is. It's just a bit... I don't know the right word, hyopcritic? As I said, there are thousands of such people out there, and they all deserve this kind of attention. Now maybe the UN or such will react and put an end to this, but isn't that kind of silly? Shouldn't they have done so anyway, with or without this massive attention?

Why does this video gets so much attention when there are many others like it? Why does the world only act upon this? Why do we let others like them live, with most being unaware of their existence? And, of course, why do I have to see this on every single site? Why, not as in, why do people post in, but as in, why do they need to post it?

I hope you get my point, I can't really explain it. It's just a bit sad that the world works this way, and that, combined with terrible weather, a shitty feeling, and seeing the same thing over and over makes me a bit pissed off.

EDIT: That link doesn't work for me...?
    EDIT2: Now it does, and oh WOW, what the FUCK?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kony 2012 game

2. kony 2012 retard