KONY 2012

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mole45, 6 Mar 2012.

1. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>nlspeed911
    >ignore

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  2. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I believe what Speedy here is attempting to say can be summed up in the following:

"What Kony is to human rights awareness is what 'Arrow to the Knee' is to video game humor."

I've actually watched the video before, when it was posted to TF2outpost. But then I've seen it pop up everywhere.

Now, I handle it by 1) Supporting the cause with a cash donation and 2) Not begrudging the message.

While I may agree with Speedy here on some level, that the push to be made aware of the issue has been made almost annoying in its' repetitiveness, this is the first time it's been posted here.

Just leave the thread and unsubscribe, please. Put this behind you and move on.

The rest of you lot, please stop hating on nlspeed for his views. Yes you may disagree with them, and find them offensive, but we're approaching some truly hurtful messages here.

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

True, true. I overreacted, and it had it not been for TF2R, this single posting wouldn't have bothered me. But well, I just joined about twenty or so raffles all about Kony, and then I see it here...

(also, for those who missed it, my post fell just on the previous page, look at it for hopefully more clarification)

4. Wow... Just wow. That was one hell of a weird interpretation...
    To compare it, it's kinda like seeing a red cross commercial focus on some disaster, then calling it retarded bullshit and it needs to get out.
    That's the retarded view. Besides that, even though you might not want to donate, if you were to spread it to friends, there might have been some that would want to donate, that's also why it's being shared.

5. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Now I respect that you have your own opinion Speed however:

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

That kind of implies that anyone who would have watched it wouldn't have my view on it.

EDIT: Mole, that was bad sarcasm. Sorry. :P

7. Spread the word but don't donate to this guy, he spends 80% of the donations on advertising, another load on staff (90k a year fro him and a couple of his friends) and buys weapons for the Ugandan army who like raping and murdering people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  8. Again missing the message here. Perhaps i should just quote your first post.
    This is the view i'm refering to. I found it, as before mentioned retarded. Not in any way trying to insult you, just thinking your viewpoint is kind of weird

9. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Ah, now I get it. Yeah, you're right, I overreacted there. Spur of the moment thingy, I shouldn't have mindlessy pressed post. Thanks for clearing that up.

10. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So , lets sum this up yeah? You're aware of the situation , you're aware that he KIDNAPS kids , makes them kill their own parents and countless others AND YOU STILL DONT WANT ANYONE TO START SOMEWHERE?!

..well fuck.

11. So the LRA (yes I ended up watching it) AND the Ugandan army are raping and murdering the civilians? Wouldn't he be giving those weapons to the army to fight the rebels?

12. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

mfw tf2r chat

13. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hey! TF2R chat is a great way to fight boredom!

And, imFree, hmm... Kind of, actually, yes. 'We' currently have internal problems, so yeah, let's focus on that. Then again, I'm also of the opinion that most foreign aid to Africa and such (most of which doesn't even serve its intended purpose) should be just done away with. Or at least heavily reduced. If everyone was happy and had a great life, then I'd say something else, but now, nah.

But, would you donate money to an organization or stuff you don't even know, that just appeared some random day with a movie? I mean, this just feels to me like some silly bandwagon move. But I've already explained that.

And this discussion has become irrelevant, for it has been proven (if that link on the previous page is to be believed) that it was all a scam or something. Well, this kind of 'proves' my point, but I can't say I like it...

14. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

16. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. lol d1s cracker is whack yo, links above dont work here is youtube embed:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)