laptop crashed Ö

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SnuggleMuffin, 23 Feb 2009.

1. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

laptop crashed Ö

so my stupid laptop starts up but the screen is black so i cant do anything. i dont know how long it will take to get it fixed so i wont be playing for a few days/weeks. i will still browse the forums with my phone (like im doing right now) when i can. hope they fix it fast Ö

2. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: laptop crashed Ö

this happend to me before in my crappy toshiba, er all i did was pull the battery out and leave it and put it in and this somehow seemed to work xD

when you turn it on does it come on BUT nothing appears on the screen?

3. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

yea nothing appears :/

4. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

try raging throwig it on the floor and almost throwing it away and just as ur going to throw it in the bin it will say "please log on" and YAY! it works!

5. Ash

Unplug it.. take battery out.. hold power button down for 10 seconds.. this clears all power in the laptop.. then plug it back in without the battery.. see if it turns on.. if so turn it off put battery in and then see if it turns on again..

This happens alot for laptops and its normaly as simple fix as that 9/10 times.

6. Re: laptop crashed Ö

- Does the power light actually light and stay lit?
    - Does it respond to a single press and/or holding the power button for 5 seconds?
    - Does the backlight light?
    - Are there any beep codes?
    - Can you hear the hard disk powering up?

7. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

so i just started it and everything works only the screen is now really dark i can see most of the things tho and yes brightness is @ max

@darki
    no beep sounds single press = laptop starts

5 seconds = instant shutdown

yes power light stays lit

and i guess my hard disk starts up as i can acces my files

EDIT: rofl @ tf2 on xbox 360 you get 40 stickies lol and soli gets 32 rockets (+4 already in rocket launcher)

8. Re: laptop crashed Ö

its your back light inverter as a guess. the part will cost you about £20!

You need to remove the 4 screws form the laptop screen surround, Carfull remove the rubber pads. they will be behind there. Then you need to again carefully remove the plastic surround, The Inverter is a little circit board. will have 2 wires at each end usualy right at the botton of the screen.

Typical symptoms, are.

You can see the picture of the screen very faintly, but you cannot increase or decrease screen brightness.

9. Ash

If the screen is really dark its normally caused by the monitor ribbon going from the contrast card to mobo being loose or the cable going from screen to contrast card is loose.

Most contrast cards in laptops can be found either behind the plastic casing on the screen to the left bottom or right.. or under the plastic casing just below the screen above the keyboard.

Or

The powercable to the backlight on screen is loose or not working.

10. Re: laptop crashed Ö

If you got a spare monitor which has a VGA cable and your laptop support that then test it.(just to be 100% sure)

^_^

11. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

12. Re: laptop crashed Ö

RS FTW :)

*back to topic*

really strange with both power button as both lights is flicking at the same moment?

13. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

nope the monitor's light keeps flickering and my pc's light just flickers if i move the cable

14. Re: laptop crashed Ö

I reckon it got hit with a power surge and your supply is still dodgy.

If that is the case, I wouldn't risk keeping it on for too long :P

15. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

so my laptop is now being fixed @ the store and it will take 14 workdays before i get it back Ö

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)