League of Legends Beginners Guide

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Michael Dangles, 19 May 2013.

1. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Well, even outside of the game we need to show that league has the most toxic community.
    This is the most basic thing a beginner has to learn (Which makes my post completely on topic).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

and more importantly, validates mine! :D

3. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

\o/

4. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Dogestia most friendly player.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. This is a problem though. It is very true that there are certain people to go to for advice. For example, if somebody were to come up to me asking for ADC advice I'd redirect them to Blue/Sunny instantly as I am not familiar with that role whatsoever. But there are certain things that come with time and are simply not debatable (eg. best times/places to ward). League's learning curve looks pretty much like a cliff face. When me and my friends started playing, we were all newbies and had nobody to teach us and we sucked ass for a long time.

I understand that some people play this game just for fun, but if somebody genuinely wants to become a better player then he/she cannot simply shove off advice after he/she has repeatedly made bad plays. Even the most veteran players around here hand out advice to each other/disagree on choices made in gameplay, but it's the best way to learn as your flaws in gameplay are much more apparent when you're rewatching a replay or having them pointed out to you (in the right manner of course).

Last edited: 21 Oct 2013
  6. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I think you misunderstood what I said. It was meant only that people should not keep giving their advice non stop when not asked. Some people tend to do that. I'm not saying you can't give it at all. Also respect when people do not do anything with advice that is not asked for.

7. Cleaned up

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Even though I have very little idea of what happens in LoL, this conversation reminds me of the phase I went through where I would get annoyed about people in TF2 that used bad weapons.

Then I realised that nobody cared and they just wanted to click on people, so now I don't care either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. I am not toxic, everyones just retarded

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I was wondering what most people build on Varus these days.

I use to enjoy him but his sluggishness is annoying me to no end!!! I usually went with the pretty much recommended build but found it unsatisfying. The other day I went more for crits with a bit of attack and movement speed and to me, it was way better. In the end I felt it took too long for him to do actual damage if you are against a tanky team. I've not tried armour pen yet. Dunno if it's a build to combine both that and crits?

I'm just curious as to how others build him and enjoy playing him.

11. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Use sites like solomid.net and lolpro.com for build guides, as long as it's not mobafire you're safe.

12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Well I'd rather hear from the people I know what they build.

13. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

You find it better because you're not running runaan's anymore <3
    Runaan's give some pretty shoddy stats for AD as you're missing out on crit chance which is so so important

But srsly, go Infinity edge - Statikk Shiv - Last Whisper - Bloodthirster - defensive

or Blade of the ruined king - infinity edge - statikk shiv - last whisper if you're against lots of tanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I actually did like him more with runaan's :P he's a slow fuck
    But yeah last build was without it and more crit and even though he was not as fast I did more dmg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Yeah your crit damage is amplified by Infinity Edge, that's why it's kind of pointless to not build any other crit items with it such as runaans.

if u didnt gather already i dislike runaans on adcs lol

16. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Hahahaha I always did build IE first on him and something with lifesteal but I guess I got lost on what to build after that. The combi of life steal with runaans was amazing though and only that prevented me from dying too quickly. Do crits stack? Like if I had IE and would get something else that gives crits.

17. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

You could rush botrk to get an earlier powerspike. He does scale well with ad so the bt nerf hit him hard. Rush IE when ahead because you shouls put the extra gold to good use.
    Also, botrk is a better item than bt. It does more damage on anyone above 943(or something) HP. The shield is not that great and you need to worry about tanks instead of squishies.

18. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Yeah, crit percentage does stack. Usually have 55% crit chance with IE + PD and then 45% with Ie + Shiv (the shiv passive also gets an increase in damage). So if you're running runaans you get no crit chance which lowers your damage expenentially.

Another build on Varus is to go Sanguine into LW and just keep spamming your Q.

Not sure if you play normals so i'll just keep to aram items

19. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Yeah I was watching a few videos from some guy (ankleapnkin(?) no clue how I got to him) but he used botrk as well and I was like ohhhhh I could try that. And I did like it.

Oh shiv is a good one. I'll try that. Thank you.

20. Shiv is great on ARAM as well because of everyone being stacked up :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)