League of Legends Beginners Guide

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Michael Dangles, 19 May 2013.

1. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

When I played him (before they nerfed his ult, but I guess they've fixed that now), I literally didn't gank unless something looked very promising. Farm farm farm till 6 or buy a chilling smite asap imo

Just a matter of learning when a gank looks promising or not. The current status of the lane, how much cc your lane has, how much cc/escape the enemy lane has etc

2. Falsey is absolutely right! WW is one of those delicious champions that if you gank a solo lane, you're near enough 100% guaranteed to burn a summoner or get a kill. If the lane is pushed towards the enemy tower, just walk up lane and hide in a bush and do a lane gank. If it's pushing towards your tower go up the river.

Something to note is that if you are going to gank early, then make a not of how many minions there are in the lane because if you fight within a huge enemy wave... RIP.

3. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Was on my phone, typed out a paragraph then when I tried to hit post I had to re log in and my paragraph disappeared, so I couldn't be bothered writing it out again.

Warwick is either too squishy when you build damage or no damage when you build tank. He has absolutely no disengage, is incredibly easy to get caught on (which is why I don't recommend playing him in low elo, it encourages mistakes you would otherwise be learning to avoid). If you ult someone and someone cancels it, that's you out of the fight, permanently. If you stay and your opponents aren't terribad, they're going to peel for their adc and you're going to get kited to death. Yes, you can make the argument that it works in low elo but again, this doesn't sit with me because assuming it does work, you're going to climb until you get put against people who know what to do against you and you're only going to get frustrated as you play the champion to a very high standard but you still have very little success.

If you take a champion like Elise for example, you have a stun that doesn't incapacitate you as well, a ridiculous amount of burst to follow it up, gank pressure throughout the game. Disengage with your rappel and relatively low cooldown stun and slow (assuming you're building rylais). Again with Gragas, engage or disengage potential, tanky when he builds damage, does damage when he builds tank. Yes he couldn't duel Warwick but he is infinitely better in basically any skirmish, if you don't get a kill with your first ult you might as well be afk for the first 7/8 minutes, if anyone counterganks, you're dead because you have 1 spell.

If you're aiming to climb to mid gold then sit there, by all means spam Warwick but I don't really understand why, if you could easily do so, you wouldn't want to keep improving. Imo it just seems stubborn and/or lazy, yes I'd love to win games by right clicking a jungle camp and then pressing R but at the end of the day, when your skill set contains what is essentially 2 useful spells (R+W), it's incredibly easy to play against him once you know how.

Once again, sorry for the initial shitpost.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)