Left 4 Dead 2 Demo server up

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Knud Phat beats only

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo server up

Really... Single player seems to be nice?

And time.. well I can only play during weekends and like 45min per night, during the week.

2. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

MW2 has to be stolen from the next shop and has to be burned on a pile :<

3. Knud Phat beats only

Single player campaign will still be awesome.
    When I first bought CoD4 I only bought it for single play.. I played the MP just some months later.

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Hmmmm .... about the "other" cash-cow game, L4D2 we are talkin about here ......

Just found this in my fav. hardware forum, someone was checkin the files of the game ....... ended up spoting this:

/ DLC strings:
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_1" "Miracle Pack"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_1" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_1" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Miracle Pack.\n"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_1" "Please, download Miracle Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_1" "Would you like to download Survival Pack 1 content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    /
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_2" "Apocalyptic Pack"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_2" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_2" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Apocalyptic Pack.\n"
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_2" "Please, download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    / "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_2" "Would you like to download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    / End of DLC strings

*Yay", more cash making plz, (Payed) Download Content is incoming >_<

I so wont buy this game, unlike it drop to a price that fits for a L4D1-Addon.

5. Geit Coding wizard!

Those strings are specifically for the XBox which Valve is required to charge money for when it does release DLC on the marketplace, they had the same thing for class updates on TF2. (I think)

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

Totally the PC.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

There was an article on Kotaku in which Valve stated that they were added because xbox told them to. They are not real.

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

So, you think that it might not be possible to "port" that "feature" to the PC version with some simple patches ?!

Valve is just proving with the release of L4D2 that their #1 priority are not the commnity, but cash. :/

(Well, its not a "bad" thing to complain about, since the Valve Corporation is still a profit-orientated company)

From what i know, there are still no new weapons on the BrickBox, but i might be wrong, since im not interested in any way in that crappy little white bread case :/

DicksBox Three-Shity Fan-fags, go tell us about it, plox. =)

(And ye, you're right, i do nothing but hate this console)

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo server up

Of course their number one priority is profit...

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Will L4D2 still just use the same authoring tools? I don't wanna start on a map, and then have to start it again for L4D2 :/

11. Jagamuta Cabbage was here!

I think L4D1 maps will be playable in L4D2, but i'm not sure

12. Geit Coding wizard!

L4D1 maps will not work in L4D2, they've updated the VBSP file format to version 21 and it won't run version 20 maps, you'll have to wait for an official SDK, but there should be no change in the VMF file format.

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Great, so as long as I keep in VMF it will be fine uncompiled?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloadable content was selected