Mapping Glitch - is this happening to anyone else?

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Cactus, 26 Jun 2010.

1. Cactus The key is to never give up

Mapping Glitch - is this happening to anyone else?

Right so i am playing around with hammer on arena_lighthouse_b2 ( http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=849 ) and attempting to change it into ph map. I've got rid of the player clips on all the roofs + made it so you can go around to the building off the map. I've added some props, ledges and spots.

But when i press F9 on hammer (to decompile and play on tf2) it doesnt respond.
    I have also tried to just start a server on tf2 with that map. I was first told to put in console sv_cheats 1, then put in bot (so i could play). Then that didnt work, so i asked someone else and they said try tf_bot_add, so i tried that.... still doesnt work. I got my brother to join the server i quickly created... It would not let him join. So it looks like i cant play on it.

So instead i decide to look around on spectate. Guess what, another problem - when i go on the look around the map view, im below the map and it only allows me to go sideways (not up so i can go on the map) or the opposite, im way above the map and i can only move sideways, not down (so i can go below onto floor level).

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Not sure whats happening, but try and remove the arena_logic rely so you can go into the map without others (remember to add it again once done)

and check for leaks.

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

kk thanks

i cant remember where i put arena_logic though (cos i was told it could go anywhere), is there a search tool?

4. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

You could use the VisGroup filter to show only entities. You can do this by deselecting all the other visgroups under the Auto tab apart from point entities.
    There probably is an easier way but alas I am still a relative n00b.

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

im more of a noob as that made no sense to me.

6. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Here is where to find it -
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  7. Cactus The key is to never give up

Thankk youu:) I'll do that after my laptop cools down(4 year old laptop keeps crashing on source:/)

8. Geit Coding wizard!

Map -> Entity Report -> Tick "By Class" -> Enter tf_logic in the class text box -> Wait for the search to complete -> ??? -> Profit.

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

^^ Did that, loaded TF2 -> start new server --> Map:Arena_lighthouse_b2 d --> loaded up -> still need another person to join + the spectate glitch still is happening.

i dont think i have any leaks, but is there a quick way to check?

thanks all for the help btw :3

10. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Check the compile log for '*** Leaked'

You can also go to Map>Load Point File. If there is not one to load then you have no loaks. If there is, confirm the prompt and look for a red line, this will show the approximate location of a leak.

11. Geit Coding wizard!

http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

Always paste your compile log into that if you suspect issues. - I do it even if I'm not having issues.

As for the need another player glitch, try messing with the value of tf_arena_use_queue and adding bots. (normal bots should work fine)

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

Basically i have gone on Map->Map Problems->Fix All....
    there is one left.

There is no player start in the map. To add one, select the Entity (axe) tool, drag the crosshairs to the position you want the player to start at, and press ENTER.

but i have 2 spawn rooms with 12 spawn points in each.

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

^That is probably only attributed to HL2, not TF2. You should be fine.

14. Cactus The key is to never give up

also some of the problems were missing textures, so it filled them in as brick/blendcobbletocobblesnow001 and that means (i think) there will be no water/ boats.

and btw it still isnt working so it is still not letting me add bots and the spectating glitch is still there.

15. Cactus The key is to never give up

right i have scrapped this idea completely... there is something obviously wrong with that map, so ive started from scratch to build an army barracks.

16. Cactus The key is to never give up

this is kinda different thing but....

if you look... when i make a server(too play my map) it doesnt work.

and btw im now gone for 2 days so thanks if you can say why :)

Attached Files:

17. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I doubt it should say .BSP in the name of the map, when you changed the map to a bsp file, did you use a converter or did you just change the file ending from .vmx to .bsp?
    Not sure about this but it is my best guess

18. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

19. Geit Coding wizard!

Warehouse_a1 was about that size >.>

20. Cactus The key is to never give up

But i clicked F9 (run map) and compiled it :S

I manually converted from VMX to BSP.
    would it help if i used a program? not manually doing it?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSP Glitch

2. change bsp to vmx