Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Savage, 22 Mar 2009.

?

Gravel pit or Granary?

1. Granary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gravelpit

100.0%
  1. Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Right, just so that we can get all of this sorted out here is a thread about the upcoming match that is planned for tonight against CoD. Some members have already played against them and they seem like a friendly bunch, so lets do our best and have some fun :D

Now, the people who have applied to play:

We are now playing an 8 vs 8 match due to CoD being down one player.

1. Apex - Scout / pyro (as needed)[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    2. Savage - Scout / pyro (as needed)[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    3. Benito - Medic[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    4. Vendetta - Solly[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    5. Danny Killa - Demoman[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    6. Vacoy - Heavy/ Sniper (Switch only if Spyko is Solly)[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    7. Spyko - Solly/ Spy (Switch only if Vacoy is heavy)[/*:m:1nx39wgh]
    8. Disco - Medic [/*:m:1nx39wgh]

Is everyone OK with this? Any suggestions for changes?

Reserve:

1. Robbiebob-[/*:m:1nx39wgh]

Can we all meet up on Vent at around 18:45 so that we can be all ready and on the war server by around 18:50 ish?

Tactics:

A solly/ heavy should ALWAYS be with his medic -- never leave a medic by himself -- even if you're playing as a support character just stick with the medic until the solly/ heavy arrives :!:

Scouts will push towards the CP ASAP when the match starts and will support each other until backup arrives -- if we are close to controlling a point the scouts will push forward towards the next CP whilst the rest of the team captures the first point. If we start to die a lot as scouts or are having difficulties with having two scouts, Apex will go Pyro to support the main attack team, and if we are still having problems I will go pyro too.

Demo should keep controlled points secure and keep the other team at bay whilst the rest of the team captures the next point. If the other team starts to push too much and you are in over your head justl call on a solly or heavy help and support you.

It's basically just the usual stuff: making sure you sacrifice yourself to protect the medic and keeping the medic alive at all costs before capturing the points!

Savage

EDIT: Their choice of map is CP_Fastlane and will be the first map we play -- the second map is now between Gravelpit and Granary -- vote above for your choice.

2. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

If no else can play, I can if you want lads ?

3. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

i will be playing tonight, 100% sure

4. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Yep its on the tread, fastlane :)

btw if we can get 9 we could do a highlander.....anyway lets see what happens :) I wonder how many COD could get?

5. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

soldier in 6 vs 6
    heavy/sniper in 9

6. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

OK, so what map do we want to play? Any preferences?

And can people tell me what they want to play as Vacoy has done?

Cheers,

Savage

7. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Heavy/Medic/Pyro in a 9v9
    Medic/Pyro in a 6v6

Map Gravelpit or Gannary fine with me

8. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

I won't be available, sorry.

9. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Right then, are people OK with the config above? Members 1-4 should be more of an "offensive" team, with players 5-8 being defensive/ support (holding capture points etc) you all know the drill! :P

As for the maps -- they've chosen Fastlane and ours is between Gravelpit and Granary - the vote will be open until half six with our choice being final then.

I'm just getting confirmation from the final member that he can play (Un1Que) and we'll be on for an 8 vs 8 match.

If CoD agree to two medics then Disco can be medic, if they only want one then you can be heavy, ok? :)

Savage

EDIT: CoD have agreed to two medics so Disco that's what you'll be playing :D

10. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

so whose captain if both me and disco are medics :lol:

11. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Both of you tell us when to push as and when you have ubers -- Granary is our map of choice and we all need to be on Vent in 5 minutes :P

Just talking to Un1Que now to see if he is available.

12. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

UniQue (aka Robbiebob :D ) wasn't available... had a bad flu starting from sunday morning until evening... I had 39.3 degrees in the afternoon so I went to bed early. I still don't feel too well ut at least my flu has descended to 38.5 degrees...

I hope I can play some time with you but apparently I drop out quite some times, so that's why I applied as standard sub earlier. If I can 100% make it into a match, I'll just show up and if the team already is full, I'll stay spec than during the match

From what I've seen from the replies, I'd really like to have played yesterday...

Robbie (my real name) aka Un1Que in game :lol:

P.S. so there is gonna be a "return match"? if this is already confirmed, when will it be?

13. Re: Match against Clan Of Doom at 19:00 tonight

Hey Robbie -- NP on not being available -- one of their players was out too so we could only play an 8 vs 8 match (so it all turned out well ^^)

As for the next match -- I've been talking to some members from CoD and we're thinking this Saturday at around 19:00 GMT. I'll get this confirmed and make a thread about it as and when needed so you can stick your name down if you think you will be available!

Savage

14. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

The date and time you think will be ideal for me. Count me in if I don't get sick again in the weekend (that sucks most in weekends..!!! :evil: )

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)