Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Th-

Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

There was a guy on server #4 today asking if we could have a match.

http://www.ukglclan.co.uk/

The clan is called UK Gaming Legion. They seem to be somewhat new to TF2, though they have 2 match teams and have attended Enemy Down ladder. The skill is div6, so about the same level than our average in GM. This match is for every member who has vent installed and working, and willing to play on such late hours. Others feel free to drop by on their serves to say hi (I'm not sure if they have servers, let me know when you find them).

Scout - Bennett
    Scout/sniper - Th
    Soldier - Ash
    Soldier/heavy - Dj
    Demoman - Benito
    Medic - Pissmidget - Captain

Reserve
    -Apex
    -
    -

2. Ash

Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

Ash as Soldier < if you need me :)

3. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

Medic. or soli, can scout but im not great

4. Th-

BTW maps are cp_granary and cp_badlands... how original...

...but at least we know what we are dealing with : )

5. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

I can play, if needed. dont mind filling the scout position.

6. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

can play demo if u need me

7. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

If you need a scout, im up for it.

8. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

change of plan might be able to play tonight if i can wont be 4 2 long maybe about half hour or so

9. Th-

Okay we started the match on their server about 15 minutes late (grrr bad PR for GM) with the lineup of
    Apex
    Bennett
    Pissmidget
    Th
    Sandman
    Dj

Since Ash was sound asleep : ) and Benito had an imminent issue that required his attention.

The opposing team were not bad players, they gave us a good challenge, though Badlands was a nice steamroll of 8-0 to visiting team, at one round pushing from nearly lost 1st point to victory in less than 5 minutes.

After map change to Granary Dj gave his position to Ash. It was a closer match than the first map, resulting in 6-1 with a few near-losses on our 1st point. Their tactics were refreshing with the main force pushing mostly from left to midpoint, and trying to kill our heavyguy with a spy. Thx to Dj for hosting the after-match feedback session, and from what I gathered Apex, Ash and Dj all learned something for their next match. You guys did well.

The opponent thanked us for the match and we have a possibility to battle again some time soon, with other lineup. They have 2 teams, so might even be this weekend when we request a match with them.

10. Re: Match tonight, 6v6, 2030 gmt, against UKGL

I am game for another 1 if they do want another.
    Also thanks for the feedback TH, I think the feedback sesions are a good thing.

Ash and Apex have offered to commit more time with myself to works as a team, so hopefully we will get up to speed quickly by repatition.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ukgl

2. 2030 gmt