Mei's Dismissal

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Gaw, 27 Sep 2017.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

Mei has been removed from his Management position. We believe that we gave him every chance to step up and prove his leadership abilities, but this did not lead to a positive outcome. There were some unfortunate incidents and decisions that could have been better handled with more discussion and fortitude since his induction 7 weeks ago. Mei has chosen to completely leave the community at this time. We would like to thank him for all the work he has done in the past 8 years, helping to keep our servers clean and cheerful. He successfully dealt with hundreds of toxic players during his time as an admin, and made numerous suggestions and improvements to our little community. We legit wouldn't be here today without his invaluable work over the years.

It was due to Mei's accolades that we unanimously decided to promote to him to the Manager position. Unfortunately our goal of utilizing Mei to spur us on to a brighter GM did not work out. I personally overlooked many problematic attributes in favour of potential growth, and for that I do sincerely apologize to everyone. Effective immediately:

1. Mei is stripped of all administrative access in Gaming Masters.
    2. Cactus' role has been reinstated on Discord.
    3. Previous Discord voice channel functionality has been restored.
    On behalf of @Dark, @Savage, @HellJack and @Gaw: Let's work together to maintain and improve GM going forward, with all of us on the same page. :love:

• Friendly x 12
    • Late x 2
    • Zing x 1
    • Wizard x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Cactus The key is to never give up

I’m sorry everything had to end like this Mei.

We may have disagreed on how things should have been run here towards the end of both our times here at GM, however I want you to know I fully respect that you put so much of your time and effort to administrate and improve GM over the past number of years, always doing what you believed to be best for GM, which won’t be forgotten.

I hope to see you back in the community sometime soon.

The current admins will notice an increased load when it comes to dealing with hackers on our servers in your absence.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  4. -M-m- herpderp

Ah, i guess there was some kerfuffle going on among some stuff he changed without checking with the rest ?

I suppose for now that he's been kicked off entirely on the staff side but is welcome back to play on the servers & be on the community ?

I don't mind him hanging out here still or on Discord.

Didn't see a problem of anything on the servers here with him as a manager but i suppose that's where it all ran well as there wasn't anything to fix really, but we did discuss a class limit for a bit along with a plugin or two if i recall correctly.

I'll continue to do what i always do & keep cheaters off the servers & remind people of the rules, along with hanging out with people on the servers Ofc.
    And now that i can check appeals people make for various reasons help out there too.

Up until recently i had no clue i was supposed to be able to see that & join discussions about appeals & reports people make.
    (Whoever made the report had to assign visibility too other users & pick me in it or make it visible too everyone which wasn't a thing by default i think ?)
    & i simply didn't ask about it until i found out I'm supposed to see all of them not just the ones people pick to make visible, but that's all fixed now.

*edit*
    *Checked his discord group & saw he himself decided to leave as it was too much weight on his shoulders for the time being but wants to keep in touch with people at gm still.*

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
    • List
  5. Cactus The key is to never give up

I don’t think it’s my place to say (both as I have left the staff of GM and therefore it is not my place to appoint people, and also due to it not being the correct thread/area to discuss it) but I don’t see any issue of him going back to being a server admin, let alone see any issue of him playing on the servers and hanging out on discord. I might disagree how he/a lot of GM handles bans due to behaviour however I am completely behind how he and GM administrates in almost every other way.

As I said, with him gone there will definitely be an increased load on other server admins having to fill in at situations that Mei would have been present in. Therefore I am surprised to see him deciding to leave GM’s staff entirely.

E:
    All admins should be able to see the reports section on the forums for all cases, not just cases that involve you. If you can’t, the managers need to know. Bit tricky because if it doesn’t appear new admins don’t know they should be able to see that section, and managers don’t know that admins can’t see the section.

• List
  6. armadillo footballer, gamer, dad of two, genius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Zing Zing x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  7. YOU CANT SILENCE THE TRUTH isac my brother

This saddens me deeply :saddowns:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

For some reason the SA rank on the forums doesn't automatically grant you access to that section, I did notify everyone about it so hopefully gets sorted.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. yeah

Also Dogling for Manager 2k21?

Lets get this campaign rolling out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  10. Scorad Horses

Im really happy you deleted my post cause it was not admin worthy
    Since im not an admin anymore - Cactus, you are full of shit

• Sexual Tension x 2
    • Mad x 2
    • Douglas x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  11. Cactus The key is to never give up

My apologies I never saw your comment.

What do you mean I’m full of shit? PM me this isn’t the place to discuss this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  12. The fuck is happening boys

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)