Members update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Queenie, 30 Apr 2016.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Heya babbies,

So I was looking around on the forums and I noticed a few people on the members page who have not been here in a very long time.

It's not important but idk. I thought maybe a quick sweep. That being said I have no idea how much work it is. Just an idea. :)

Edited

Last edited: 1 May 2016
  2. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

I believe Trekkie has been apologised and been unbanned, for your information.

Interesting idea, and perhaps it could be applied to some other fields.

To my mind, removing anyone from the list seems to be against the initial model of "established membership" that was proposed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Well how established are they if they have not been here in months is what I was wondering. :)

And sorry to Trekkie if he was unbanned. I didn't know that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I think the whole forums needs a clean up not just members but all bot accounts need to be cleared and those who've haven't logged in this year

5. Bit harsh, afk on forums for 5 months. Account gets deleted

6. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Yeah, I don't mean delete them but I thought the members page was more of a way to see our actual involved members. Vipar has not been here since feb last year. Maybe just remove them from that list :)

7. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Is that not what the plan was?

If you're not active, you're not a member. You don't get your account deleted, you just become whatever is below a member, I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure this was set out from the start of becoming a community and not a clan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

They're established because, even if they drop off the grid for awhile, they are instantly recognised by a large number of members on their return. They're an established ("having existed or done something for a long time and therefore recognized and generally accepted") member.

If someone had been off the grid for something like four years, to the point that most people on the forum don't know them, well yeah maybe. But [GM] has a very 'loyal' following; most members who post have an average age of at least two years. Even if, like Vipar, they haven't posted in two years, most members will still know who they are. Therefore, it's incredibly unlikely that anyone made established will have to have that status removed in at least five years or so from now.

9. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Also I'm sure this thread could have been made without mentioning names. Seeing their names thrown around in a thread talking about removing privileges will surely make their return all the more rewarding

10. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Fair point. I meant nothing negative by naming them. I edited my post.

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

This is correct, taken from the 100% poll vote FAQ:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ok, fair enough. :) I couldn't find anything about it anymore and I just thought it odd to see people on the list who have not been here in a long long time. It just seemed, for lack of a better word, outdated'ish?

Thanks!!

13. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

RIP me if that happens :V

14. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You'll always be active in our hearts, Humpty.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. except mine

16. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Am I outdated if so my avatar is highly accurate

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Cactus The key is to never give up

here come dat boi

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)