Metallica - Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robbiebob, 4 Apr 2009.

1. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Metallica - Death Magnetic

I don't know whether there are any Metallica fans in this community but since their new album, Death Magnetic (which I think was awesome), they are now on tour!!

Last Monday I went to see them in Rotterdam and it was brutal. The sound was like 120 dB +, the songs they played were the best they've written so far and of course, the fire(works) made it even better

So post here if you have to say something about Metallica, their new album, the shows or a tribute to how good of a fan you are

P.S. this if a picture of how it looked like on the evening of all evenings!
    http://nl.netlogstatic.com/p/clan/oo/00 ... 833343.jpg

(again can't upload pics because of this: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.")

2. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

Pfh, Metallica...
    New album sucks, the good albums were their firsts, the new ones suck.

3. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

Spot on they have been shit for years.

4. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

a couple of the songs where decent, but i didn't like most of them, they ruined the quality to make it alot louder for no reason.

5. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

I do love the old Metallica stuff from the 80s and 90s, but haven't heard any of their new stuff from St. Anger or Death Magnetic.

6. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

I've only really listened to DM once or twice, I couldn't really find the time for it..I think one of the major moans is that some of the songs are longer than they really have any right to be. They follow the similar pattern of "main song for a while, solo bit, back to the song" over about 6/7 minutes..

My verdict: Black album, Master: Oh yes. Death Magnetic: Meh.
    Metallica was somehow a bit samey for me, though many people I know would lynch me for saying that..

I missed them when they came to my town..somehow I didn't hear about it until all my most unlikely friends stated they had tickets. Guess they sold out pretty quick.

I mean the gig, not in general. Although..

7. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

Fix'd

nah just trolling
    like i said to Sandy a few days ago
    they are just too soft for me
    artists in this genre just hold back to much, it's not heavy, it's not fast, it's not hard
    it's just some dudes having a tiny little distortion on their guitars and a singer who just sings
    not to mention those pathetic drums (Lars must die)

8. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

I agree on that their latest albums have not been great but I think DM is quite well. Ofc, Metallica and Ride the Lightning were better, and Load + Reload (?) + St. Anger were rubbish... But with DM they sort of went back to the old days

And deman, you take it back that Lars with his drums are pathetic. If you'd really want to hear how he's like, you should've heard them in Ahoy!

But anyone went to a concert of them this year??

9. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

are you a drummer?
    if not then you really don't know what you are talking about ;)

10. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Used to drum yea Dman 8-)

11. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

hm okay, then you have *some* right of speaking

but still
    compared to George Kollias (Nile) or Hellhammer (MayheM), Lars is a total wuss
    (George is death- and Hellhammer is black metal drummer, look them up, especially George ;))

12. LienK Wat

Hellhammer is awesome. I've only heard him with Dimmu Borgir though, not a huge Mayhem fan.

Lol btw, you know this member of Mayhem blew off his own head with a shotgun? And his suicide letter said "Sorry for all the blood". + the other band member that found him bought a camera and took a lot of pictures of the dead guy before alerting the police, and they used one of the pics as album cover. Lmao thats crazy.

Ontopic:
    Metallica is bullshit. Most overrated band ever.

13. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

:cry:

14. Re: Metallica - Death Magnetic

@ LienK: not to mention the drama between other bandmembers (the bassist stabbing the leader 60+ times :lol: )

and yeah, Hellhammer is awesome and a very nice guy too
    i hung out with him after a show, and he gave me some personal drumlessons :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hellhammer is black