Microphone Spamming.

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by BoBoTheBum, 6 Aug 2009.

1. Microphone Spamming.

This evening I was playing music over microphone via HLDJ - after kindly reminding the person complaining via DarkiSock that he could mute me (I was in spec so I couldn't use regular chat) an admin came in and muted me.

That would be understandable, if there were server rules against that.

One other player claimed he had successfully micspammed with different admins around and they had OK'd it.

So, I'm posting here to ask the admins and community members' opinions on micspam: Should it be banned? Is it an unspoken rule that it is always banned? What are the punishments? Etc.

[I'm also posting this because I don't want a misunderstanding to cause me to get banned from the GM servers I know and love <_<;; but mostly for a totally selfless and intellectual reason, I swear]

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Microphone Spamming.

I Quote Myself;

Also, i've updated the MOTD to include a rule on micspam

EDIT:

Also, These are the guidelines that our admins are required to follow when making an administrative action;

Always Warn A player Before taking action!

Kick for:
    Exploiting/abusive nature/griefing/excessive profanity/etc

Ban for:
    Hacking/cheats/aimbot/wallhacking/light racism/etc (try to record a demo as evidence)

Permaban for:
    Excessive of any of the above/extreme racism

Mute/Gag/Silence for:
    Mic/text spam/unnecessary sounds that disturb players

All other situations:
    Own judgement

3. Re: Microphone Spamming.

Thank you for updating the MOTD and that elucidation. :)

4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

How did we overlook this before 0.o

5. Poxie Ray-Banned

Bad boy, very bad boy >.>

Hey, don't look at me like that D:

6. Knud Phat beats only

I think most admins, warn the players.
    Atleast I do.

7. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Heh, I guess I was not making a good example with my stylish runs last night. :awesome:

8. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

yea I got a little bit pissed after muting 10players already in that hour. they just rejoined all the time as soon I was on another server muting people there.

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Ye, me too ..... in most cases its more than enough if you just tell them "OK, plz keep your sound playing a bit under control know, it starts to become annoying, thx".

A very small ammount of players dont listen to you, so they deserve to be muted, but ....
    If THAT happens, a little ~1 hour ban or so might be in order imo, so these guys can cool down and rethink about spaming again if they are again allowed to connect to the servers.

Notorious spamming kills the fun.

10. Relun Follow The Relun

no mic spam?

I'm buggered

11. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

also when there are people speaking other languages than English, I tend to mute them (after several warning of course using sm_csay and the @ chat)

12. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Muted some guy on #7 today on request and got a torrent of abuse from various sources. I'm not impressed.

Rules are rules; if you start making exceptions when it's "Not really spam just a few nice noises" then people will start to use that as an excuse: "Well <spam> was spamming, why didn't he get kicked?".

13. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

yea indeed they always point fingers at others

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

We've noticed.

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, if you ask the players who is the big spamer, there are ~3-6 guys telling you it was player X, and the only one that names another players is player X itself ....

16. Re: Microphone Spamming.

Well in my opinion, if people are talking in language that I KNOW i should be able to warn them IN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE. Isn't that so? :)
    For me, it's Polish/Japanese. So i can go ahead and save chat log or record a demo, translate and keep it as proof of ban.
    When i wasn't admin, 1 month ago someone used obscene, racism and hate on text chat and voice chat using Polish. People were votebaning on me...

17. Longbow Victorique <3

I believe I was there aswell. I do remember muting 1 guy...

18. Re: Microphone Spamming.

I thought you were polish only, but I didnt know you were also japanese?

19. Re: Microphone Spamming.

@up:
    I wasn't born in Poland or in Japan.
    I'm American born from Polish parents and I know 3 languages:
    English, Polish, Japanese (Low level).

20. Knud Phat beats only

And live in Poland now :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)