Minecraft Halloween Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mysteryem, 14 Oct 2014.

?

How long should everyone have in the achievement hunt? (only answer if you want to play)

1. I don't know, but I want to play

33.3%
  2. less than 1 hour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1 hour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1h 30m

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2h

33.3%
  6. 2h 30m

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 3h

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. more than 3 hours

33.3%
  1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

My current plan is for the event to run over the weekend starting on the 25th, if people are available, starting in the evening/night on Friday 24th would also be a good time I think. If Friday 24th night/evening or the 25-26th is not viable for you, please say when would be a good time.

The whole event will be run on a vanilla 1.8 server, so you will need 1.8 to join. Assuming you're actually someone known in the GM community and you want to play I'll ensure that you're whitelisted (I may need to request your username if I don't have it or can't remember it). I will copy across the most recent whitelist, so if you were on that, you should be fine.

The events are planned to go in this order:
    We will start quite relaxed with:
    Halloween Theme Park (by TheGeekBarbie)
    [​IMG]
    This is a map to look around and explore while we wait for people to turn up for the next map(s). Hidden within the map are 30 emeralds for you to find, the person with the most at the end will get a cookie. (We could always blow it up initiate The Plan at the end too)

Vampire Survival PVP (by Hypixel) The Hidden, Minecraft edition?[I still need to test this map in multiplayer (singleplayer seemed fine)]
    [​IMG]
    Once we've got a good number of people together, we'll play a few rounds of this, if people enjoy it, we'll do more until we've had enough. A couple of things to note:
    • Once the starting Vampire has been selected, everyone who wants to play must select Guard otherwise they'll end up stuck in the waiting room.
    • Guards must not leave the game until the round is over, doing so will break the map
    GM Achievement Hunt Challenge
    This is the main event, it will be a hunt for achievements, made more difficult by the restrictions placed on you. I think it would be a good idea to do more than one run so that people can learn from mistakes/have another go.

To give you a rough idea of the speed of things, I test a test run for an hour with a normal amount of ores. I played it very safe (half slabs everywhere) and had been hunting for diamonds for close to 15 minutes by the time the hour was up. This particular run involved no caving which, while more dangerous, offers more rewards.

For players joining after the initial start, you will need to contact me so that I can whitelist you, find a place for you to start and give you the starting items.

The rules:
    • Permadeath (automatically handled by putting you in spectator mode) (if lots of people die early and we pick a long run length, we may need to come up with something like a point reduction per death to allow people to keep playing).
    • You will only be able to play until your time on the server is up, you will then be switched into Spectator mode (you will need to write down the coordinates of where all your stuff is at so it can be found again later). This is handled automatically with command blocks running on a 1 minute redstone clock. If you want to go fully afk, leave the server. Your time left will be displayed somewhere on your UI or below your name.
    • PvP will be disabled.
    • You must play on your own, it is too big of an advantage to play with someone else and I can't reduce the time limit for individual players.
    • Try not to mine/cut down trees/kill animals/place blocks/etc. near other players if possible, though feel free to try and sneak up on people if you do come across someone else.
    • If you come across someone else's base, specifically a farm, try not to stay around for too long as you're essentially helping that player by loading their chunks for them.
    • The spawn chunks (16x16 chunks) centred around the spawn point (0,0) will be areas of no entry once the game has started. You will be given nausea, mining fatigue and poison coloured hearts upon entering spawn chunks. (spawn chunks are always loaded, if you were to build a farm in them, your crops would grow even when nobody is on the server)
    • Torches are banned and will be remove from your inventory if you accidentally craft them. (redstone torches, sea lanterns, glowstone and redstone lamps are fine, as are other sources of light)

The setup:
    • Play on as close to Moody brightness as possible.
    • There will be a custom resource pack. (I will upload it and provide a link nearer the time).
    • Everyone will be given 3 Jack-o-lanterns and a set of mob heads at the beginning of the game.

The map:
    • Easy difficulty
    • The new types of stone are much rarer (granite etc.) due to them being purely cosmetic and lacking various crafting recipes.
    • Smallest possible biomes.
    • All ores are twice as common. (if we want to do really long runs, this can be reduced)
    • You are encouraged to explore, I will generate as much of the map as possible beforehand.

The achievements:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_B0hFj13_L1b-GuRYHc-rAFOuvmy3qFRxN5zqKpJLQ/edit?usp=sharing

The winner will be the person with the most points at the end. If we decide to do multiple runs and there's no clear winner, it will be based on the total points gained over all of the runs.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)