Mumble game specific channels

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Rioter, 4 Jun 2013.

1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Hi all,

This is just a polite request. If you're playing a specific game and need to concentrate, can you remember to move to an appropriate channel.

I've come across several instances where people who are really engaged with a game are in the Chilled out room, or people playing LoL are in the TF2 channel. (like people were doing just now!)

If your game isn't listed, use 'Other' or create a temporary channel.

If you're casually playing a game, not really disturbing others and are say in the Lobby, this doesn't apply so much to you.

Thanks

Rioter
    This message by Rioter has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Mad x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Douglas x 1
    • List
  2. How do you create a temporary channel?

You played TF2 in the chilled room 2 days ago!

• Zing Zing x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  3. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Unless the people in the channel deem it a problem then I don't see what the problem is.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Well, you say that, but I got home. Saw people in the TF2 channel, thought ooh might play some TF2, then I find it's LoL talk.

It's to help others, not just the people in the channel!

5. Anyone who is registered (aka has this symbol [​IMG]) can create a temp channel by right clicking on any parent channel and selecting 'Add'

If you're not registered, right click yourself and select register, or get an admin to do it

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  6. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

When I see people in a certain channel, I don't immediately think their playing that game, I always check steam to see if people were really playing it. In this case, I was playing TF2 and found myself in the room, a couple of people join the channel for a chat and that's fine - I was there first and enjoyed the company regardless if they were playing another game.

Hardly a serious issue here, anyone can come into a channel and find that people are playing a different game. Not a big deal.

7. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Can people politely move into their own private channels free from other members, I tried using the mumble thinking I'm a massive faggot and I went into a room and everyone else was talking to each other being social, really disrupted me when I wanted to be a massive faggot.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Mad Mad x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

That's what you get for being Jakiro (I hate him so much D: )

9. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

So defeating the point of a game specific channel then. We may as well have 'Game Channel 8' and all that then. I know that's going a bit extreme, but if you're going to play LoL in the TF2 channel, I may as well play Left for Dead in the Age of Empires channel.

No logical sense.

It's evident that people think it's not a problem. Don't shout at me if I'm playing Minecraft in the LoL channel.

10. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

we won't?

11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

but no one was using the room otherwise

are we seriously having a go at people for not matching their mumble room with whatever game they're playing 100% of the time

12. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Why would anyone shout at you? usually people come in, realize and go out, theres tons of LoL channels dw Rioter you can play minecraft in all of them

13. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

comedy gold

14. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

But nobody would anyway, it's only you that has created this problem.

15. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

My point was that, mumble is there so people can talk to each other if you only want to talk to people playing your game why not use in game voice chat? The rooms make sense being named after games because they'll attract people of similar interests they don't just have to attract the people currently playing that game.

e.g. Let's say I'm the only person currently playing TF2 but all my friends are playing LoL and I want to talk to them(hence I'm on mumble) am I supposed to sit alone in the TF2 room or can I join the LoL room so I can talk to my friends, or should I ask them to make a new room and take them away from the rest of people playing LoL just because those others aren't the ones I'M interested in talking to.

Also suck my ice path.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

;__; I call bane to ult you

17. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

That and there is no problem using a channel, any channel, that isn't in use. It isn't a problem, only Rioter seems to deem this an issue.

18. Ravioli what?

Honestly, I've never heard anyone shout at another person in mumble because they play other games than the channels name.

19. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Wait Rioter, so when I play Osu, I should stay in the Osu channel even though I want to talk to my friends which are currently playing TF2?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Good job repeating my point.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)