New Logo Competition

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Th-, 7 Jan 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: New Logo Competition

wow, beautiful... :D

2. Th-

Re: New Logo Competition

Yeah squeakyfleece thats more like it. A great concept, I like this idea. Keep at it.
    And well done davzee, its quality work what I see.

Here is something I have in mind (I'm telling since I have no img editing/Gmod skills as in NONE). This is a plan just to show you the concept...
    [​IMG]
    Okay so the lines in the circles show where the character is watching. I is a scout+pyro running like a swat pair, II is a medic physically helping a demoman up to his feet and III is a soldier and an engineer running to the left on the background with a shadow affect. Add these characters to your ideas about font/colors etc. and see how it goes, or pm me with it and ask for an opinion. Play with this.
    [attachment=1:3472rx6o]shadow effect.jpg[/attachment:3472rx6o]
    [attachment=0:3472rx6o]pyro+scout.jpg[/attachment:3472rx6o]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  3. Re: New Logo Competition

Yeah squeakyfleece and davzee, they are quality but the problem is that them headers will look a but strange on this websites layout because of the fluid width, this is why I asked for the width of the site to be a fixed width of lets say for example 1000px.

Here is what your logo's will look like on the sites current set up.
    It doesnt look that bad tbh but as you can see if your are off slightly with the background colour is looks a bit daft (please dont get me wrong the actual design concept is awesome) but with fluid width its very hard to have a cool looking logo/header because of the fluid width.

Attached Files:

4. Re: New Logo Competition

lol yeah ive experianced first hand how tedious it can be trying to get image size specifications right for certain sites without them being stretched or losing quality...but in this case it would be no problem...id only have to resize the image in photoshop to the size of the full header...if anything it would only make it look better, more spacious cuz in my opinion it looks a little cluttered atm anyway...failing that, it wouldnt be difficult to alter the background colours to fit the rest of the fixed header perfectly...so it blends...so yeah no worries there.

thanks for the positive feedback tho people...always appreciated :mrgreen:

and th i jus couldnt help myself....i saw that shadow pic u posted and i gotta admit i love it...only thing is its hard to implement somethin like that into this sorta site design without it lookin well....stupid buh i had a go anyway...
    jus summin else to consider...

Attached Files:

5. Re: New Logo Competition

you still can't beat my design ;)

6. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

@apex: erm... posting it over and over won't help you. :P

7. Re: New Logo Competition

it helps people like me who have the memory of a fish.

8. Re: New Logo Competition

argh!! i just realized it was gamING masters and not game masters like i did in all my designs lmao :? oooooops! dont worry about that tho i can change it....its the design that counts right lol :roll:

p.s. THANKS so much to everyone who pointed my lil mistype out! [insert sarcasm here] lol 0.o

9. Th-

Nice try anyway :)

I would like to see more of your work davzee.

10. Re: New Logo Competition

I made it for a joke, its just somthing that popped into my head and i thought it was a great idea and my post was kinda sarcastic henc the ;) .

11. Re: New Logo Competition

I have a good one that would fufill all the requiments but my face poser isn't co-oprating

edit ooops presses quote instead of edit :( is there a delete button?

12. Th-

Ofc man don't you worry about it...

Lads at this point you don't have consider anything else than the design, all the technical aspects can be sorted out later. Just see that the dimensions aren't too far off and it will be enough.

13. Re: New Logo Competition

I take it you mean more designs for this site and not my design work in general yes...?

14. Vendetta GM's better half

[​IMG]

this is something that just came to em when i signed in

15. Re: New Logo Competition

uhmm... that's the default one. :?

anyway some good pictures, good jobs guys.

16. Re: New Logo Competition

Gradients, vector graphics, renders, reflections etc. are what we need - please steer clear of including photo-like images such as screenshots, and having anything other than a transparent background - you can then submit a replacement gradient to go behind it, filling the width ;)

The outline of that pyro running over a hill image might look quite good if used correctly, but since my computer is fucked I can't try it out :(

17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

hii im apex's brother and i wnated to share my idea for the wesite banner
    thees a BIG space cuz i couldn't think what to put there any suggestions will be great :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  18. Re: New Logo Competition

Love the bullet holes on the TF2 logo, but I think the font/text could do with some work!
    Overall though pretty cool m8

19. Th-

Perhaps someone could design a small battle scene with some explosions, rockets, bullets & holes etc. Would a nice variety to see how it works.

Davzee, I'd prefer to see more of your TF2-related art, but if you absolutely insist and see it somehow remotely fit sure you can pm me your actual design works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)