New Logo Competition

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Th-, 7 Jan 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: New Logo Competition

lol nah dnt worry was just curious as to which you ment....my other work doesnt really have anything to do with this kind of thing...although i did make a web design for a clan a while back which is some what similar to one of the banner designs i posted but still...irrelevant.
    I might make a few alterations to the shadow design either later on tonight or tomorrow...when i get the time..bit buzy at the mo :cry:

2. Re: New Logo Competition

pretty crap with photo shop and such, how do i make transparent backgrounds?

3. Re: New Logo Competition

u just leave the bottom layer blank (transparent)...u can tell its transparent by the little grey n white square pixels n when uve finished your image just save it as a tiff or png...png being the better option for web gfx , if u save it as anything other than those 2 you'll get a sucky white background ;)

4. Re: New Logo Competition

by the way...i dont really understand why this banner has to be at that shortened width and not the full length of the entire banner spanning across the top of the site....i mean if we were able to use the full width it would give us so many more options and wouldnt restrict designs to nothing more than transparent images with a bit of text and some game renders/vectors....im sayin this cuz like darki said, that shadow image could (if used correctly) look really good but the only way i can really make it look right is if u scrap the gradient background thing n let me use the entire length of the banner. Is this in any way possible?

5. Re: New Logo Competition

Nope, not everyone uses a huge screen width.

One alternative could be to have some nice rounded corners etc. if you're desperate for a fixed width header with a background image or whatever.

But tbh, a transparent background looks best - especially since we are going for a Web 2.0 look.

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Re: New Logo Competition

i agree with davzee

you all want 1 thing then change ur mind and wanting summot complete opposite

i'll make a new 1 WITHOUT transparrent bg but i need to know what size u want width

7. Re: New Logo Competition

I think u misunderstood what was said hadouken...i was just suggesting that maybe the fixed background could be replaced with our designs thus no longer needing to create transparent images limited to text and a game render or pic or w/e but from what darki says i dont think thats gunna b possible buh yeah i do get where hes commin from...without the fixed background the banner could become stretched/squashed for people with larger/smaller monitors (though im sure there must be a way around that otherwise how would countless other sites do it)

If not i guess the whole shadow design would have to be scrapped which is a shame cus i thought it would of looked pretty good...i guess it could still be used with rounded off corners like u said but i doubt it would look very good...ill experiment with it later. So yeah hadouken i think were gunna have to stick to transparent backgrounds =(

8. Re: New Logo Competition

the reason why we couldn't make the image any bigger (well you can) but the problem is that with the site being fluid in width there is no way to create a image that can fit because most people wont have the same resolution so therefore the header can never be a specific width as the width of the site is different for everyonee, I use a screen resolution of 1920x1200 where someone else may have 1280x800.

This is why I asked for a fixed width!

9. Th-

The night pic of the pyro will not be used. It is not of our making. It was only supposed to show you guys the effect you may use, so drop the idea of having it as a banner (though I admit it looks cool in a way).

10. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

[attachment=0:2bh08p85]gm banner.jpg[/attachment:2bh08p85]
    This is also someone else's image. Please only submit original work.

Attached Files:

11. Re: New Logo Competition

why didnt u tell me that in the first place th...i wouldnt have bothered making that design if i knew :? may i ask where u got it from though. Seeing as it is only a image and doesnt include any text of such including any rights....i dont see why it cant be used

12. Re: New Logo Competition

cause there is a copyright even when there is no text or copyright advise on it?

13. Re: New Logo Competition

actually there isnt...it would just be like finding any other image on the net and using it in the design...say for instance the tf2 logo a lot of ppl have used or the pic of all the tf2 characters together...its no different.

14. Re: New Logo Competition

In Germany there is.

You are not allowed to use any kind of art or music with out the owners permission.

It is on the owner if he wants to claim the copyright.

So I would make me chargebal if I used it.

15. Re: New Logo Competition

true, but usually only when the owner clearly states that you cant use it without their permission (when it comes to web based images anyway..dunno about music)

16. Re: New Logo Competition

just another idea.....

(included a background so u could get a better idea of what it would look like on the fixed site header thingy, the png version is transparent)

EDIT: *cough* ahem....still no word as to whether or not my zps admin app has been accepted? :? the threads feelin neglected and sorry for itself :(

Attached Files:

17. Re: New Logo Competition

wow, nice... :D

18. Re: New Logo Competition

HOLY SHIT.

The second one is the best logo yet, without the slightest doubt.

And yeah I'll sort out your ZPS admin now :)

19. Re: New Logo Competition

Nice, i doubt anyone can beat that.

20. Re: New Logo Competition

ahh cheers guys :D and thanx for acceptin me darki :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)