New Map: Miniature Railraods, Still in progress

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by JohnnyBeGood, 18 Feb 2010.

1. Right Im trying to compile the map with all set on normal. Hopefully this will be the released versio.

Problem here i though that its been compiling for over 12 hours, and i think its stuck no way of being sure though.

I've read somewhere that it can take a long long time to compile a map, and to make it shorter ive been around set nodraw on most non visible surfaces. Ive also set the lightgrid to 32 64 or 128 depending on where it is, fields roofs tops and visuals that just need to be there but not be looked at. Walls still are at 16.

Im gonna give it a few more hours just for safty but not leaving it going through the night again.

Just wanted to let you all know im soon done hopefully. And if anyone got any usefull hints or tips or any other idea why this is taking so freaking long. Please leave a message :)

2. Geit Coding wizard!

If the compile has taken linger than 10. Hours you can safely assume that something is seriously wrong with your map. Run the compile log through the interlopers error checker and look at the reasons a compile might take a long time.

Oh, and before stopping the compile, check with task manager which part of the compile it is hanging on.(vrad.exe or vvis.exe)

3. its the vvis only one i keep on fast when test running.... this sucks

4. pascal mapper

mayby set in houses portal area it helps alot as you dont know it or how to make it searts for an tut it helps alot but do not to mutch

5. looks epic
    (No I did not make an account just to say that)

6. Attention!

Here it is people, the one we've all been waiting for
    The One
    The Only

:dance: ph_trainset_a1 :dance:

Hopefully this will go smothly, in reality it most likely won't
    Triggers should be working as intended same with deathpits and most lighting is also acceptable.
    Only downside is that i never fixed the whole getting stuck in the moving trains part...

So be warned! Riding trains is at ones own risk

But yet the map is finished for play.
    It'll most likely end up as a run around map (which might come to the dissapointment for some)
    Basic fears is that the map is too big.
    Anyways enjoy.
    :clap:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M57H5B5O

7. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

wow man, wow really good, really big too big for ph i think but would make an epic map if you changed it to a payload map and it was put on the randomizer server. and there is to many areas that hurt you :( the big lake is fair enough but that should be it

8. MrMike This is my face when you talk

love the map, few problems though.
    first it's very laggy, it'll run smooth then suddenly my FPS rate drops dramatically for a little bit =s
    second the error signs though i'm sure that'll be fixed easy enough =3
    thirdly it's HUGE, would make a good payload map but makes quite a hard ph map
    anyways i love the map and i love that darn train good work johnny boy =3

9. Zana The Candy Bun

If i ever get back to the PC, i will have a try... but is it THAT HUGE? Then it is not miniature

10. Couple of seconds with pakrat.

Tis indeed.

11. Huger than ph_steel or ph_dustbowl?

12. Zana The Candy Bun

Do we have a PH version of dustbowl? Anyway... i guess that it may be dustbowl-sized at least

13. I'd say double the size of brawl.

We used to a long time ago.

14. map seize should be 7000x8000 ish (which is above the 6000X600 recomendation)

15. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

how do you know how big you map is?

16. Geit Coding wizard!

Select the whole map then zoom out and look at the dimensions in the 2D top view.

17. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

cunning, thank you sir

18. Simple, leftclick without selecting anything just at the edge of your map, then drag all the way to the other end. Then in the bottom it should say how many "pixels" or squares or whatever you wanna call it there is.

19. Ok i order for me to fix the ERROR problem in this map i need to Ratpack all the custom models with the map. As far as I've understod is that the models are gonna be loaded into the steam>steamapps>"username">teamfortress 2>tf>materials>custom models folder.
    (If this is incorrect please let me know)

Now if this is the case then i need to rename the rute on all the custom models in the map to max this folder. The problem is though, after ive added the custom models to this folder (steam>steamapps>"username">teamfortress 2>tf>materials>custom models) It can't find them any more. It is as it only accepts the
    steam>steamapps>"username">teamfortress 2>tf>models folder.

Any suggestions on how to fix this befor i go insane from trying?

20. pascal mapper

are the materials?? or models? in matrials are good for textueres but not for models

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new map miniature

2. mapminiature.com