New MC server rules

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Savage, 25 Sep 2011.

1. So, we've had a lot of input in another thread about how we can change the MC server for the better I thought it'd be best to open up a fresh thread where people can post their ideas.

Here's what Gaw posted to give you all something to expand on:

We'll have this open for a while and try to make some changes ASAP.
    Cheers,
    Savvy

2. Walton M.A.G.A.

PVP should be allowed at all times.

3. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I'm not in favour of a blanket PvP ban as has been suggested. Nor am I in favour of walton's idea of survive or die. Infact I should have really made this clear, what Walton was doing earlier is Griefing. If PvP gets blanket banned, your fault Walton.

If you want the freedom to kill everyone constantly, go to the wastelands server, it will cope for your need a lot more.

4. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Why not build a roman style arena for all your PvP needs. We have got loads of time and space, and every server needs some big and cool attractions.

5. Lord Carol Now bring me some Tea! Chop chop!

I think the way previous maps have run has worked well, pvp allowed but griefing forbidden. It allows a comfortable atmosphere, but also the epic helljack chases across the landscape/through castles, etc. I have offered pvp-deny as part of my protection package and a lot of people, particularly newer players who may not be able to call on the admins all the time, have taken it up so that they can feel safe in and around their homes.

Of course, there has to be an element of risk when out and about, but allowing highway robbery would be ridiculous, given that people can be tracked down with the dynamic map. I think people appreciate being able to gather resources without having people jump them for their goods. As Rioter has said, that's what the Wasteland is for.

6. Timon Savages' favourite german

I think it sucks to turn PVP off by default, but since you always attract ppl who can't behave, especially since GM seems to attract trolls of every kind :p it might be not a bad idea, or maybe just make space around spawn (maybe circular wit a radius like 10 chunks) a non PVP zone. So you can actually build stuff there, like a city, so everyone knows hes safe in the "civilized parts" of the server and it's dangerous out there...

I think of it to be more realistic, maybe say every more populated spot on the Server is a nonPVP zone and everything else is pure horror, like real life?

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I agree with Carol in so much that it's fun as hell to declare a WAR with someone and have the fight sprawl all over.

But, it sucks to just be working along and have some one sneak up on you and gank you for no reason other than "Hurr Durr Survival".

There are specific servers that are dedicated to PVP Survival. The Gamingmasters hasn't been one of those servers.

And if we have to blanket the world in anti-pvp because a few people just can't keep their swords sheathed due to boredom, so be it. It's either this or ban the offenders.

8. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Not considered plausibility, but some sort of "hit" system whilst keeping RDM'ing banned (which in itself permits the "declared combat" we also want) might work.

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've seen how that works out from Garry's Mod servers, people would just set up a ton of low value hits against people they hate

10. Timon Savages' favourite german

Also we could declare war hours in which anybody can be attacked outside of buildings.
    Just make sure ppl know, when they dont want they can work at their stuff and feel safe, or log off anybody else can go insane,
    Or wardays maybe, just another idea...

11. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Rules were fine guidelines before, no need to over think and make them confusing.

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

What are the rules when it comes to exploits in the game?

13. Guess.

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

Exploit the fuck out of them while they last

15. Cactus The key is to never give up

It has been there for 1 or 2 updates :D

16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Depends on the exploit

If it was say the old piston dupe bug, go ahead.
    If it's to exploit say (this doesn't exist) chest protection hacking, goodbye.

17. Cactus The key is to never give up

It allows you to see caves - useful for lighting up areas if you are creating a mob grinder. I can show you it later.

18. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

if you mean xray thats considered hacking my friend

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

No it isnt quite, and it is allowed :3

20. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

There's a glitch I run to run time to time. If I punch enough trees to death, they'll eventually leave behind a model, but no collision. If you walk inside of it, you can see underground. I've already found a couple dungeons with this method. It only works online though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mvserverrules

2. mc gaming masters

3. www.gamingmasters.co.uk rules

4. gamingmasters.co.uk server rules,
  5. mc server rule