New mic

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Ditto, 29 Apr 2012.

1. Alrighty I'm new here so I was unsure if I could post thus but was told to get comfortable so here I am.
    My mic recently broke (it was part of my headset) and at the moment I'm being forced to use a pretty bad / uncomfortable headset to be able to mumble / comm with my team in games.

I was wondering if I should just get a new headset and mic together or just eep my current headset and get a new tabletop mic.

Could you help me decide and also suggest something. I can't seem to find a decent standalone mic for what I expected the price range to be and when it comes to headsets I can't claim to be an expert in the field.

Thanks.

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Not that I know anything (my mic is broken too, but I can't be bothered to get a new one), but what would be your expected / allowed price range?

3. Well if it's for a new headset then I'm willing to go fairly high (approx 50 pounds) and for the mic I guess i can go up to 20 pounds.

4. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

I think you should get the gamecom 777's as they have bass support

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  5. looks good and is just inside my price range :).
    I'll just research a bit more before actually buying anything, since I expect to have it for a while.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

7. Spykodemon Disabled account

JVC HA-M750 + desk mic

8. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

9. Beyerdynamic DT150 all day erryday

10. The reviews are pretty decent, but there are also some bad reviews so I'm not sure what to think. Do you know any good mics?

11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Buy a semi decent headset with a mic and you'll be gravy.

I have a G35 which I like and you can hear what it sounds like if you want.

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Do not buy a G35, take it from a previous owner. They break so fucking easily, and USB headsets are never worth it.

13. so far its dan vs dark on this. At the end of the day I'll probably end up getting a separate mic since it's cheaper and I already have a decent working headset.

I already have soundmagic e10 for music and non gaming stuff (not amazing but hey I'm only an A level student)

So far its dan vs dark on this. I'll wait for a bit for someone else's feedback but at the end of the day I'll
    probably end up getting a separate mic since it's cheaper and I already have a decent working headset.

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

It's a good idea if you're using PTT mostly I guess. Desk mics probably sound godawful on an open mic - I'm not sure.

15. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

16. If I understand correctly you have two headsets at the moment (one with broken mic and a shit one) - what are they?

17. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

You think that's overkill?

I'm still considering a fucking studio mic :V I don't even know why I would need one.. But fuck it, do it live.

18. Unfortunately you do have to end up spending a fairly hefty amount to get a desktop mic that doesn't pick up the whole room when you're sitting a fair distance from it, though getting one with good quality is an entirely separate matter and that £10 one I linked looks fine.

Clip-on mics fare slightly better but still not perfect and they tend to get in the way

http://www.modmic.com/ could be another option, though the price is quite high for what it is

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SoundMAGIC E10 mic