New mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Queenie, 14 Mar 2013.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

So not too long ago I decided I needed a new mouse and keyboard. My previous ones are the Razer Deathadder and Lycosa. Now both have served me well but after 3 years I've rubbed off so many letters from the keyboard and the protective coating on the mouse has faded as well.

I do want something that is good but don't want to spend all too much as I want to save up for a better graphics card (something that can handle Minecraft shades :P)

Only I have no clue which are actual good ones and there is only limited selection here in the Netherlands. So my question is what do you guys think? I might add I am very rough on my mouse and keyboard. I really press down on the buttons way harder than needed. I don't know why this is but I do. Thought I'd put that out there.

2. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

What are you expecting from the keyboard and mouse (lights, extra buttons etc.) ?

3. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Isn't minecraft more cpu/ram intensive? idunno

Get g400 mouse. I approve. is 30 euros

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

G300 is one of the best mice out there, and is pretty cheap and common, about keyboard I don't, for me it dosen't matter, I have almost everything built for gaming but not a keyboard, and I don't think it will effect that much.

Edit: Did I say G300? I meant G400 :S, I got confused. (The G300 can be also good, but I can't vouch for it)

• List
  5. Get either a very cheap basic keyboard or save up for a mechanical

Anything inbetween is a dumb purchase usually

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  6. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[​IMG]

I have 2-3 of these. It works like it should. love em

quick note: 5 years and still not broken, durability A+

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Gaw discord is my friend now

Definitely this. Don't make the mistake of buying a keyboard because it's got 'cool' LEDs everywhere, or a terrible little screen on it, or 'elite gaming' graphics all over it. You want functionality, not a really bad build quality keyboard that's only good for ogling at. As Dark said, if you have the money, get a mechanical keyboard. This site is worth a look, it seems to explain what mechanical keyboards are, and has a handy search tool to find the one ideal for you. If you don't have enough money, buy a cheap stock keyboard, <€15 and/or save up some money!

• List
  8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ahh ok.. Yeah I was very scared that basic "cheap" keyboards wouldn't last long with me due to my heavy man hands. I chose the Razer because it was built to handle some roughness. For me becaus I play MC so much I find it annoying that when running it will just randomly stop or touble tapping w does nothing. Though not sure if that has anything to do with the keyboard itself. The only thing I knew was not to go wireless.

And yeah I don't care at all about lights and screens and whatnot. I want a sturdy mouse and keyboard that won't die after a few beatings. Not fussed at all about how they look. I shall have another look in the store tomorrow. And thank you for the link Gaw :)

9. Any rubber dome will have the same lifetime give or take a wee bit

Anything made by razer (even their blackwidow) can be expected to be worse than average at lifetime/build quality

10. Before I got a mechanical keyboard my £5 Logitech keyboard handled 6 years of abuse. While i can't say whether other cheap keyboards will I would recommend cheap Logitech keyboards if you're not interested/can't afford a mechanical one

11. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

My 9 year old Dell works perfectly, it was probably very cheap, so as I said, almost anything will work.

12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Either go very cheap as they're simple, won't go terribly wrong and if it goes wrong it was cheap, or proper mechanical keyboard like above.

If postage wasn't a bitch, I'd happily send you a stock HP keyboard, got loads of the buggers, infact a whole cabinet drawer of them.

13. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Hmm can't find the G300 or 400 in the stores here.. :/ Il see online.

14. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

15. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Check tweakers.net
    #1 dutch comparisment site imo

• List
  16. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Dafuq, Way cheaper. I only found them for €40 and up. Oo

Ahh prices are showing up atsrting from €20

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)