New PC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robbiebob, 10 Dec 2008.

1. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

New PC

Hey all I finally got a new PC, at laptop this time and it just kicks ass!!
    4gHz processor (dual core), NVIDIA GeForce 9600 grapics card, I don't know what RAM and 260 gb space available :D :D

One question though, on the box it said that the GeForce 9600 card has 256 mb, but the official site says 512 mb (I think...). Can someone plz tell me whether it is 512 (which I hope) so I can play better games than with 256 mb...

Thnx already, Robbie

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: New PC

It depends on which model of the 9600 it is.... I think the two models for laptops are the GeForce 9600M GT(***MB) and the GeForce 9600M GS(512MB)

Also, what's a 4gb cpu? :D

That RAM amount(512mb) seems like a slight bottleneck to an otherwise good laptop.

3. Re: New PC

:lol: 4Gb cpu
    cpu speed is on GHz btw

yea if you got 4GB RAM, you won't see 4GB RAM unless you got 64bit processor.

about the graphic card, check it on the GPU-Z utility
    download it here ;)

4. Re: New PC

Well there's no such thing as a 4GB processor, processor speeds are expressed in Ghz.
    Since it's a laptop, and compared to the other specs I'm guessing a 2.5ghz one or so.
    The card is certainly 256MB if it says so on the box, regardless of the official specs. This one must be a laptop model.
    512MB of ram I find hard to believe, if it is so, get at least another 512, though having at least 2GB would be preferrable.
    Oh and, have fun with it! :D

5. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

lol I messed the terms a bit up :lol: but than I got a 4 gHz processor and RAM i dont exactly know (somehow I always seem to be forgetting what RAM means :D )

6. Re: New PC

4 GHz dual core processors are uncommon in desktop PC's so I seriously doubt you have one in a laptop.

7. Geit Coding wizard!

Maybe he means a Dual core 2GHZ processor. 2*2=4, Right?

8. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

It says on the box though that it's 4... so I hope the box is right :lol:
    (else I'm seriously going to complain...)

9. Geit Coding wizard!

What's the model number/manufacturer of the computer?

10. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

It's a Medion Akoya or something... but nvm guys it's fast as hell ^^

11. Re: New PC

4Ghz in a laptop is non-existent, probably is 2.4 or something which corresponds to a single core one with 4Ghz.

12. Geit Coding wizard!

Is it this one? Clicky

13. Knud Phat beats only

It could be 512mb, with TurboCache, but most likely it's only 256mb dedicated.
    It should be okay if you run at 1280x800 resolution.
    (but don't put everything on super high)

(where did you bought, if I may ask :) Looking for an affordable gaming laptop myself and Medion is not that expensive)

14. Re: New PC

click, this one? (sorry, its in dutch)

whenever i think of medion i think of aldi :D, my old computer was from there, was pretty good and lasted me a few years

15. Re: New PC

Applications have to be specially written to run on both cores.

A single core processor with hyperthreading and an equivalent multiplied speed to a quad or dual core processor (e.g. 12GHz single, 3GHz quad) would probably go faster in most cases.

16. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Lol I'm dutch too Bunny :lol:

yea it was similar to that one but it was more expensive... but with better qualities
    (and yea, it was from Aldi as well :D )

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

and @ Knud

Als je gewoon elke week naar de Aldi gaat en het foldertje mee neemt, dan zitten er soms supergoede aanbiedingen bij ^^

18. Knud Phat beats only

@ Robbie,

I always go there, but I must have missed it.

Anyways, do you know the final specs of your GFX now?

19. Re: New PC

Must be 256 if the box says so :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)