New prop mouse controls are really bad.

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by pizzaboy, 16 Mar 2010.

1. New prop mouse controls are really bad.

When I say new controls, I mean:

Left Click - Lock movement and rotation
    Right Click - Toggle View

Compared to old controls:

Left Click - Lock movement
    Right Click - Lock movement and rotation

With the old controls, say I was a crate. I would find some crates, then hold Left Click and rotate until I was rotated the same way as the crates. Then I would continue holding Left Click and use WASD to position myself. Then I would switch to Right Click to lock my position.

With the new controls, I find it almost impossible to line myself up with other props to try and blend in. There is no way to exactly rotate myself to line up with other props. I just have to keep randomly Left Clicking until I am almost sort of line up. How can I hide if I can't exactly position myself to look like a prop on the map? I might as well not even be a prop and just be a fully visible scout.

tl,dr: The new prop controls ruin hiding for me.

2. MrMike This is my face when you talk

you sir are odd to the extreme, i find the new controlls much easier to use, with the old ones the prop would twitch alot and it could take AGES to locks your prop in then angle you wanted and when you're in a rush that's not easy. Now i can just rotate myself into position, press M2 once and i'm locked in place and i look natural and first person mode makes it SO MUCH EASIER with those giant props like trees and sheds and such. just because YOU one person has problems doesn't mean EVERYONE else does.
    cry some moar please whilst everyone else enjoys it >:

3. Spykodemon Disabled account

lol

4. MrMike This is my face when you talk

hush you >:

5. Geit Coding wizard!

i find them harder to use too.

6. MrMike This is my face when you talk

i find them alot easier o_o
    and it seems alot of the regular people who play prop hunt do as well
    it's just alot easier to lock yourself into position and also helps the props see better if they're a bigger prop, i don't get what's so hard about them =s

7. I find it a lot easier with the new controls. Prop lock yourself in, spin the camera, unlock and relock. It's easier to line up now imo.

8. If you're playing by blending in with surrounding props, you're doing it wrong. Well in my book anyway.

9. And yet, I have won many times by doing just that.

How about this:

Left Mouse: Current lock in place mode
    Right Mouse: Lock only your position, not rotation.
    Middle (Zoom/Scope button): Toggle View

10. Spykodemon Disabled account

Sorry, I just felt that saying 'you are weird to the extreme' was a bit uncalled for.

11. Not many buttons are sent to the server as actual button presses that can be easily hooked - we're talking WASD, crouch, jump, fire (LMB), alt fire (RMB) and that's pretty much it.

Also locking position - isn't that the same as just not moving? Unless you meant the old LMB functionality, which led to pretty bad lag due to the way movement was handled.

12. MrMike This is my face when you talk

imo no
    controls atm seem fine to me, as i said above it's much easier to lock yourself into position now and first person helps those who get given the big props, i really don't see why it should be changed again. Also most people i see who try and "blend in" end up dead because pyros normally check places where props might try and blend in, most people i see living either have found a decent hiding spot or are very good at running away.
    also spyko i didn't mean it in a rudeish way i meant it in a joking maner so no need to apologize D:

13. True, but when someone pulls it off right, its so worth the risk! Not to mention the fun factor..
    There's nothing as enjoyable as that fuzzy feel when youre in an obvious spot and gangs of pyros just keep passing by you without noticing! :D

The game would be so less funny if everyone just hid at the "impossible to reach" spots.

As for the new controls, they do feel more practical. It does feel hard to rotate sometimes, but its probably just until you get the hang of it.

14. Zana The Candy Bun

I also find the new controls shitty as hell... FPS VIEW??? THAT'S FUCKING USELESS!

Also, rotating then locking does not work for me, rotating the camera and locking results on being locked IN THE SAME position i was...

15. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

It would appear that the people who don't like the new controls have misinterpreted their own opinion on the matter, what a shame.

16. Until you're getting owned by me being last alive in first person scoot mode =>

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Ehehehehehe.
    I love first person view when you're the last person with the scattergun.

18. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Lol, while I understand where pizza boy etc are coming from, new prop controls are better. It sort of elimates those glitchy spots where you'd use M2 to fix yourself in place and not move the mouse. And first person eliminates; "OMG I'M A FUCKING TREE I CAN'T FUCKING SEE" so we should just keep the new controls and let the whingers and moaners go find another PH server. Nah, I kid, but don't change the controls please. :roll:

19. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I like it both ways.

Wait, what..?

20. You love it up the ass most ;]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Prop Hunt controls

2. prophunt controls

3. tf2 prop hunt controls

4. tf2 prophunt controls,
  5. team fortress 2 prop hunt controls,
  6. controls for prop hunt,
  7. proplock prophunt,
  8. prophunt lock,
  9. prop hunt tf2 controls,
  10. proplock tf2