Newer FTB server

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Queenie, 27 Dec 2014.

?

Update to Direwolf20 pack?

1. Bring it mother truckers (yes)

66.7%
  2. No cus I am a poopiehead (no)

33.3%
  1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Se we have been playing with the tppi server and we have kinda come to the conclusion that a lot of the "cool" stuff is in newer versions. We have been looking at the Direwolf20 pack and it pretty much has everything we have now but then the newer versions... But.. there is no Ars Magica what Hooch and Lewy were playing. So the question now is, do Hooch and Lewy care if we uodate it? Or would you guys first like to be able to kill all the bosses on this server?

2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Notable additions and changes between TPPI and DW20:

Notable mods no longer present (it is quite likely that some will be added at a later date, the pack is still in beta, a good reference would be the 1.6.4 direwolf 20 pack):
    Advanced Genetics (seems a bit redundant with the morph abilities)
    Advanced Solar Panels (it's probably down to preference which of this and compressed solars you prefer)
    Ars Magica
    Dartcraft
    Electro-Magic tools
    Emasher Resource
    Engineer's toolbox
    Ender Prospecting
    Extra Cells
    Forbidden Magic
    Gendustry
    Gravisuite
    Gregtech (a blessing for some)
    Hardcore Ender Expansion
    Infernal Mobs
    Logistics Pipes
    Mekanism
    Modular Force Field System
    Nether ores
    Portal Gun
    QuarryPlus
    Redstone Armory
    Thaumic/Xeno's Reliquary
    Zan's minimap (journeymap is the default in DW20)

Notable new Mods/Mods with significant changes (there are probably more, but I don't know as much about other mods)
    Botania (may as well be a completely new mod considering the amount of new stuff)
    Compact Solars
    Funky Locomotion (sort of like a mix of the new slime blocks and the old redpower frames)
    Hats (for all you TF2 lovers)
    Dense ores (could sort of consider this similar to nether ores, ~5% overall increase in ore in the world)
    Ender Zoo (adds EnderIO mobs)
    Thaumic Exploration
    Morph (all(most?) of the abilities are enabled)
    PneumaticCraft
    Waila Harvestability

Of course there are also plenty of existing mods with new additions changes and removals (RIP openblocks radio).

Do note that it is possible to add mods the the pack, though it will require more setup to ensure that clients and the server match.

3. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

I'm not too bothered with updating, i'm not sure about lewy but i reached the point where i could pretty much take any boss 1v1 and farm them for gear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

I'm fine with updating. I can't see much more that would keep me entertained now.
    Out of all that is there I can only see me missing:
    Gravisuite
    Gendustry
    Mekanism

I'm sure there's plenty else to explore however so suits me :D

Would we lose the maps?

5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ilu coffee

6. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

7. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

All we need to do is dl the other pack or?

8. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

9. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Im guessing that still changes nothing in the mod list right?

I already downloaded the map and went into single player and omg the hats!! @Mystery Gift

Attached Files:

Last edited: 29 Dec 2014
  10. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

What is the spawn setting for botania flowers? When I look at different videos etc there seem to be a lot more flowers compared to ours.
    And I think I know what the circle does when you press tab I think it was? Lets you put in your most used or favorite morphings so you dont have ro scroll through the list.

Last edited: 2 Jan 2015
  12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I don't know about botania, there's a lot of flowers that you have to make, all the mystical ones appear to still be there. You can see everything from botania by typing 'botania' into nei. We have Botania r1.3-143.

What you've found is the favourites menu for morph, you use the same button to mark specific morphs as your favourites.
    'R' opens the menu I was on about, I think it's some sort of macro thing.

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

15. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

I've been trying to get into modded minecraft again, but playing alone is sooo boring... I was wondering if I could join you maybe, and what do I need to do so? :3:

16. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Currently we are Playing the FTB Direwolf20 modpack. Mysteryem was looking into a new pack but I don't think we will be switching all too soon.

So just download Feed The Beast launcher and the the Direwolf20 (top one of the list because there are 2) and voilĂ !! I will have to post the port later cus I can't remember :S

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

gamingmasters.org:25567
    It's the Direwolf20 1.7 pack to clarify.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Awesome, I'll see if I can get the time to get in there tomorrow :D

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

20. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

vand2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)