Nvidia 195.62 and Windows 7 64 Bit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kash, 8 Feb 2010.

1. Nvidia 195.62 and Windows 7 64 Bit

Anyone tried the above combination and having issues?

I've had to resort to using an Nvidia Driver for my 9800M GTX Card that dates waay back to August 2009 :/ Trying one of the latest drivers gives me some of the following issues:
    BSOD instantly on restart of laptop, never-ending loop :/
    All Aero Effects disabled and some other crap
    The card just completely failing and resorting to on-board gfx

I know this isn't an issue with my card being dodgy, as i've tried it with two cards (of the above model) and getting the same problems.

Help :(

Edit: I have Microsoft Security Essentials running, however i'm pretty sure that won't be the cause of any of the above issues to arise... (Just trying to find people with a similar setup)

2. Up until recently nForce chipset drivers have been incompatible with my board to the extent of completely destroying my RAID array :P

Manufacturer drivers are usually way out of date though :(

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Nvidia drivers are full of bloat.
    The current ones for my motherboard and graphics card actually PERFORM WORSE than the manufactors.
    Plus the latest one for my 8800GT forces the fan into 100% which is not needed.

4. Tried and tis what causes me the issues :(

5. Zana The Candy Bun

In three letters: A.T.I.

I can't help tough, but would recommend to delete your driver if you can, and try to let windows find it automatically...

6. Knud Phat beats only

You are running notebook? (Because, you put "9800M")

(I run 196.21 with win 7-64 bits, on desktop pc)

7. Yeah i'm on a laptop

8. Knud Phat beats only

Can you disable the "auto-matic" restart, can be done, without acces win7.
    when booting up, press F8 and then when you can choose windows, select advanced options (Or similar) and then there is an option to "disable restart after crash" (Something with that sense).

I'd like to know if it's really the nvidia driver that is crashing.

Also, you can try to remove the driver when in safe mode, and install the older 190.xx driver, those are pretty solid for windows 7.

9. Spykodemon Disabled account

Get Linux

10. Zana The Candy Bun

Get a Mac

11. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

The irony of the above two posts is intense.

12. I've tried many of the above things, and the only very stable version I could get to work is 186.blah or something.

13. For the BETA Driver it says this:
    I assume it probably won't solve those issues, but will give it a try and see what happens. Cheers

14. Zana The Candy Bun

Your Ironic Post Is Ironic

15. Spykodemon Disabled account

I don't understand what is ironic about our posts?

Irony would be something like geit getting killed by a goat.

16. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

LOL^

17. Knud Phat beats only

186.xx driver are still good - if they dont crash your laptop, why not?

18. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

The irony is that you are a blithering idiot and linux is made for people who know what they are doing.

Zanas post is ironic as he is a mac fan boy except he has an obsession with turning a Microsoft OS into a OSX look a like, why bother if you think macs are so awesome?

19. The GPU-Acceleration thingy is kinda buggy in the older versions, which means that some videos play a bit laggy and online gaming can give me random annoying lag. The very latest update fixes this, just I can't bloody get it to work! /cry

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia notebook 195.62 win 7 64bit

2. nvidia 195.62 windows 7 64 notebook