Obaruler @ PC Update (need knowledge @ UK hardware prices)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Obaruler, 13 Mar 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Obaruler @ PC Update (need knowledge @ UK hardware prices)

Some of you guys may know, that ze Ruler is a graphics fetishist ..... well, imo my machine is too lame (caused for example by the "coded garbage", aka GTA4, where you need to have a Core i7 for best performance .... or another example Empire: Total War, where [my fav. Hardware-site tested it at "extreme" settings in a worst case scenario], where the Core i7 performance is #1 .... ), so I decided to upgrade it .... somehow i have to spend my money at something, my stupid side job has to be good for something :mrgreen:

My current system config is:

-Q9550 E0 @ 3,825 Ghz
    -2x 2 GiB Corsair DDR-800 @ 900 (in sync. with the 450 Mhz FSB)
    -Asus P5Q Pro
    -XFX GTX 285 Black Edition

(System was more OC in the past, but in order to replace the system, the first step was to bring it back from water to air cooling, because the current available water coolers for Socket 1366 arent as powerful as i need them to)

Well, the plan is to sell the CPU, RAM and Mainboard at Ebay, and to replace it with the following stuff:

- Core i7 940 (i know a certain someone who offers me this expansive CPU for half the price, like he did it with my current one ... no more details) -> "secret" ^^
    - Corsair 3x 2 GiB DDR3-1600 (TR3X6G1600C8D) -> € 214,90 / £ 197,99
    - Asus Rampage II Extreme -> € 349 / £ 321,54
    - A second XFX GTX 285 , because the X58 chip of the MoBo supports SLI ^^ -> € 399 / £ 367,51

These prices are the "normal" list-prices, of course there are lower prices at other Online shops .....

Why am I telling you this ?! Well, i wanna know, if these parts are less expansive in the UK (because of the current low-worthy british pound) and if it would be better to buy it in the UK and to ship it at germany, but i dont know the "good" online stores, so i need your help to compare the prices ... so i posted the converted prices too. (Note: I wont buy the CPU somewhere else, because i have a "special" source ..)

2. Re: Obaruler @ PC Update (need knowledge @ UK hardware prices)

Do want :P

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Obaruler @ PC Update (need knowledge @ UK hardware prices)

Yeah, me too, Core i7's have an awesome performance in optimized programs, which can use the 4 real and 4 simulated (=8) cores ^^ With some OC of course, i clock my processors as high as they run prime-stable =) (i'll get the CPU btw for 250 € instead of 550 €, - the money ill get for my Q9550 on Ebay ... *happy* ;) )

Erm .... anyone here that just can tell me some good british Online shops or the 3 prices i am looking for ? :D

4. Knud Phat beats only

I know for German prices you can use this website:
    www.geizhalz.at

Its a good pricewatch for German region.

For UK... most common shops are (I think), Dabs, Ebuyer, Scan, OCUK.

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Ah yeah, thx Knut ^^

6. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, now i compared the prices, and ..... they are pretty much the same !(?)

Could it be possible, that PC Hardware is generally expensive on "the island" ? ^^ Or has the Hardware become more expensive in the last weeks because of the economic crisis' changed rates of exchange ?

Well, I'll buy my stuff in germany now ..... I hope it arrives monday ...

@ Knut: Idealo.de is best search engine for Computer & Electonics in our country ... but Alternate.de (best hardware shop i konw in the whole world !) is the most used site, because of the huge assortment and best infomations ... but the prices suck :lol:

7. Knud Phat beats only

Why you write my name with a t? I'm not the ice bear?! 0.o :lol:

Anyways, for my work I use Geizhalz, but I will also check out your suggestion.
    Alternate is a nice site, but most of the times too expensive, but they have a lot of stock (here in NL atleast)

As for the UK.. the euro and the pound are almost 1:1 now, but some shops buy in USD and then need to convert --> that is expensive at the moment :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)