On reflection...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BeauChaotica, 29 Oct 2008.

1. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

On reflection...

I somehow just felt I should say this, as it hit me in the face pretty much yesterday...

The last couple of weeks I've been on a veritable magical mystery tour of various servers, mostly on gmod, by some other clans and groups. I've encountered a lot of different people but it puts this whole thing in perspective; we're squabbling over names and all that, but seeing some of these other places I think we should be glad that, on the whole, people are mature and straightforward.

The state of a lot of places I've been is just, frankly, appalling; the players pay no attention to the rules or even basic behavioural guidelines, they are immature, and don't take anything seriously. To my dismay, I found that despite their facade of empathy, the admins are generally no better.

It seems to me that, even in the face of the potential catastrophe that is (or was) hosting a Gmod server, [GM] servers are some of the best-run, and best administrated on the net...

Thanks for your time :)

2. Re: On reflection...

Thank you and I agree ;)

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: On reflection...

The [GM] TF2 and ZP:S servers are some of the best administrated servers; with a server administrator on 75% of the time (And DarkiSock to help when there isn't) most "bad" people dealt with accordingly and quickly. The Democracy behind the administrating is slightly flawed although this does not impact the quality of the game.

On the other hand the [GM] GMod server ranked among the lowest in terms of quality of administration, With abusive administrators (This was mainly Alpha.) and Flawed add-ons (Eventually fixed by Spyko and the leaders.) many people were able to get away with behaving against the rules, Although I do give the administrators some lee-way here, it is exceedingly hard to define exact rules for GMod servers in general.

The dedication of the Leaders and Administrators continues to make [GM] servers one of the best places to have a bit of fun in TF2.

4. Geit Coding wizard!

That's an extremely poor definition of fun Spyko, random DMing in a BUILD server is not my idea of fun. the reason I only ever played for 10-20 mins at a time is because of all the prop spam, random Deathmatching and Mingebagery.

Anyway it doesn't matter any more seeing as the GMOD server is dead.

5. Re: On reflection...

Yeah what would the point of multiplayer build servers be without DMing? You might as well play single player :P

6. Bun

Roleplaying can't be done itself.
    Also, if you wanna show a thing you build to a friend, and get randomly shot in the head, that sucks.

The GM gmod server was fun, but everything had so much drama all the time. It only got worse when Alpha got on it. :O

7. Bun

No, not really.
    That's like saying, it's your own fault you got born, live with it.

8. eoN

That's the kind of attitude that will give GM servers a bad reputation, when the GMod server was up, because it was GM's GMod server, its upto the admins, you, to represent GM and admin it with the same rules as any other GM server (plus a few other GMod specific rules)

PS Bun thats a bad example...

9. eoN

Remember the tranquilizer gun? 'nuff said ;)

One persons joke is another persons irritation.

10. Micky Mick rolling since 07

While I only play TF2 I've got to agree with Beau. The approx 2 weeks the GM servers were down was a time of learning. On some servers there was all kinds of abuse, weird mods and weird players. On others there was a general level of poor play - no co-operation just 16 players doing their own thing and if you managed to play with some other GM members you could own the place. Fun but only for a short time. I know I'm not the most skillful player around but there are some real bad ones on other servers. It was easy to win most rounds, one uber could do it. I did manage to find one or two servers i may visit again but not much compares to GM servers.

Thanks lads.

Micky 8-)

11. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Lol beau remember how i was moderator on that server? and those guys kept spamming props on gmod... beauchaotica:KICK HIM FFS!!
    kidcaster: Wait and see what he does...
    beauchaotica:he is being an idiot!
    kidcaster:sec other chat
    beauchaotica: kick this idiot he cant play by the rules...
    console: kidcaster jailed: (name)
    console:kidcaster kicked (name)
    (name) joined the server

(name) joined the server

(name) joined the server ............... etc.....

12. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

You just made that up didn't you? :D yeah lots of idiots though. Too many warnings, not enough action, I say! ^^

13. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

no, u no when we thought that guy was rasist... that day, when that guy kepy loging in and me n ginger kept having to kick him.

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yeah I know. I mean exactly what was said :) yes there was the whole virgin cow thing :roll:

15. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

noo... lolz when toothfairy was there n ginger n the guy started killing us with bombs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)