Partnership with =UDS=

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Geit, 7 May 2009.

?

UDS Partnership, Yes or no?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. Geit Coding wizard!

Partnership with =UDS=

UDS is a small Counter-Strike:Source clan based on one thing, fun server that you can return to for a good laugh with some mates. UDS maintains high-quality servers and a positive atmosphere.

The Management of Gamingmasters' has proposed a partnership with UDS that will enable us to expand into a source-game we haven't ventured into before, CS:S. It will also allow us to continue our member expansion efforts.

So? what do you, our faithful community member have to say about this? Yay, nay or maybe.

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Might be a good idea, it might not.
    How big are they anyway?

3. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Iv'e played on their servers before thats where i got the idea for a tf2 minigame server 100% yes from me, plus cookie is in that clan

4. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Hmmm -- well if they have decent people then I don't see why not! Do they have a website/ forums that I can sift though? :3

5. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

I voted No!

My reasons for this are;

1. I have been a member of a 2 clans when something similar happened and it didn't go well, I was a member of a well known Quake clan a while back and we merged with another clan who were a well known Unreal based clan, the reason for the merger was simple to expand the clan into an Online Gaming Community, which they fought may eventually grow into numerous games and teams.
    At first everything was OK, the website and forums got a major upgrade, we had more servers than you can believe but within a few months, the cracks started to appear!
    The two main men from the Unreal clan wanted to go into a certain direction and our clan leaders had over ideas and wanted to pursue what they thought was the correct direction, there were discussions and polls on the clans forums regarding the issues at hand, until eventually the clan went there separate ways, some of our members went with them, some stayed and rest just join other clans for there respective games.

2. I feel that GM is inexperienced and still growing, you have had a lot of your most respective members leave due to reasons that are not worth mentioning, your rules, regulations and recruitment policies are still to be defined and IMO you still have to many people with admin privileges, to add more users instantly, with different privileges or wanting administration rights on the forums/site and servers could very well prove costly.

Now I don't know the guys from UDS, they very well may be a bunch of sound lads but if you merge with them, there leaders/managers whatever they are called, are going to (and rightly so) want Administration powers on your forums and servers.
    This is where the problems will definetly start.

You will most definetly also need to discuss the following:

1. Will a name change be required.
    2. The hierarchy will again need to ammended.
    3. Who will have the most privilages inside the heirarcy, will it be Dark or there Leader, will it be both of them?
    3.a)What happends if they disagree on certain aspects/directions?
    4. Will users like Geit, Savage and Spyko be demoted, as there requirements are no longer needed ?

and so on....

Dan

Here you go Savage.
    http://udsclan.ipbfree.com/
    ^This isn't their primary domain - Geit.

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

I don't see why not, as long as it's a friendly partnership.

7. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Like I said they may be sound lads, but I've experienced something like this on two separate occasions and none of them went well, so you have been warned!

Yeah but seeing as there isn't anything of value on there Homepage, I posted there forums!

8. Geit Coding wizard!

This may be a partnership or a full merge, I'll know by the end of tonight.

P.S, more likely a partnership.

9. Spykodemon Disabled account

Full merge? what the hell?

I vote no then.

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Re-read that spyko -.-

11. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Is he your boyfreind?.. I dont see the reason at all.. no one here plays Counterstrike anyway.. if you wanted to merge to get bigger.. do it with a TF2 Clan.. omg

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

To a real fusion i would say: NO !

I experienced the same as Danny, my UT Clan fusioned with a Quake Squad, and after a while, the new clan broke into pieces and the members splitted up to many new clans, becuse in the last days we had horrible differences that were hot-dicussed and made people leave us forever ....

We just lost some members for ridiculous reasons, a real clan-internal brawl - caused by many different-thinking guys of another clan - could break GM's neck. We have to be sure, that no-matter-what "our" members will stay, even if there will be a nasty separation from our new partners in the near future ....

A "partnership" ..... mh .... explain it plz. The way you explained it about "geting new members" just sounds like a clan fusion :/

13. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

CCS Suck balls end of.

If it was HL2DM then Maybe, + why bother GM has its own Dedi? What would they offer other than CCS which liek i said above sucks, anyway i have the game played once said ty but no ty.

14. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

Nah CSS is an awesome game, considering its 5 years old, its still one of the best online shooters, I would prefer GM to get into the COD genre and get some COD: MW and WaW servers up and running.

15. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

MW is a blast, not so keen on WaW though.
    Be nice to see some COD servers though, punkbuster tends to kick me from all of them under some reason which makes no sence what so ever.

16. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

UDS is my css clan so i say yes <3
    partership would be fun =D their clan is friendly !

17. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

played with them before, had a laugh with them on a surf server, it was a great night, a resounding(<- wut big word) yes from me!

18. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

I had the same problem, I solved this by adding punkbuster to my trusted items on Kaspersky.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

If we ventured into CSS domain without support, it would probably fail, fast, whereas if we used an existing clans reputation we get a free boost and a few other bounuses.

20. Re: Partnership with =UDS=

CoD4 is a strong possibility for future expansion - definitely not CoD5 though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UDS Gaming