PC crashing, need help

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by imFree, 24 Feb 2016.

1. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just did a complete format and reinstalled windows and once I get all the drivers my pc crashes shortly after either with a BSOD or a freeze.

Any help is much appriciated.

2. i was gonna leave a witty comment but i can imagine thatd be annoying as shit

have you got time to update your windows and do software updates before it crashes?

3. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yes the crashes seem to be random.

4. Could be a whole load of things, what BSOD error codes do you get? And what are your temperatures under load?

5. -M-m- herpderp

Checked voltages in bios ?
    And any overclocking on ram & cpu is off as well ?
    If you do have all slots on the motherboard filled with ram some motherboards drops slightly in voltage from 1.5 to 1.47 for example and can cause random instability and having ram running 1.5v at 1.55v is fine even without any extra cooling.

6. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't think it's any of that as my pc was running fine up until the wipe and reinstall, also I didn't mess with any bios settings. Now it just freezes and the BSOD are gone so I think its the HDD finally failing.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2016
  7. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Okay, ignore what I said above, I use HD Tune to test my HDD , it seems fine and did a Memtest overnight which came up with no major errors..
    At the moment I'm only running Nvidia drivers on here and nothing else. Last time the crashes were happening when I had Steam installed and as soon as I uninstalled it, they were gone.

8. -M-m- herpderp

Hm possible its a software conflict then ?
    If you happen to be running windows 10 Id try a rollback on a previous stable release rather then latest beta or similar.
    and as far as i remember windows 10 also tries getting (latest) drivers as well, which doesn't always work as it should.

And i guess you have this update then if you are running windows 10 ?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)