Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Disco_Indigo, 23 Sep 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Woah, looks like someone dropped a huge drama bomb in here. I'll be back with some popcorn shortly.

2. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

***** = CORE

GM members don't have to leave. After all it was myself that was snooping around checking what is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps after the Brawl fiasco the paranoia level increased somewhat and I wanted to keep things in check but I guess it was still a gross invasion of privacy. Apologies for that but do bear in mind whatever is monitored or logged is not revealed publicly.

If anyone should leave, it should be myself, everyone else can stay...

Alpha was the one changing his hlstatsx stats; I have demoted him for that.

As for noclip, invisibility and invulnerability on the servers, yes that was Darki doing that; it was very immature but he promises he will not do that again.

So disco, don't leave, I'll leave if that's how it should be.

Sincerely,

-Core

3. eoN

Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

To be honest i think reading PM's is a bit more of an offense than boosting your HLStatsX stats.

Just my opinion but by the outrage it caused i'm guessing its a few other peoples opinion aswell.

4. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Ok here goes.

What I would like to see as from 1 October 2008, is one member of the GM clan to be voted by the full GM members as the Nominated Leader of GM. This Leader will will have full rights on the server/website/stats page etc., and basically will have the same powers as CORE and DARK.

Their role will be to ensure fairplay on the servers, up hold the GM rules, and will try to represent all the members thoughts and feelings at the top level. They will have the right to disipline ALL current GM members including the current leadership. If Leaders/deputies are found to infringe the rules and there is evidence to prove it then the Nominated leader will have the right to demote current Leaders/Deputies to limited server admin for one week. The only thing that the nominated leader cannot do is ban someone from the clan, this caveat will safeguard us from tyrants :)

The nominated leader will hold power for 3 months then a new vote will take place and the new nominated leader will take office with effect from 1 January 2009 for 3 months and so on. A nominated leader can hold the post for 2 consecutive periods but cannot run for a third, They can however reapply after the third period is over.

All full members can be nominated to be the leader, the only exceptions are the current leaders/Deputies. Current leaders and Deputies will also be excluded from voting, as the vote is about nominating someone to reflect the thoughts and feelings of the regular GM member.

For whatever reason I currently I do not trust the poll voting system, the voting has to be open and transparent, I therefore propose that voting is doen via posting on a tread by identifying one person you would like to nominate with any comments you would like to add to gain support.

I feel that I could rejoin, if you would have me back, if this idea could go through, however if it did I do not think I could be nominated or run for this post for the first term at least, as I wouldn't want people to think that this was my original intention. There are alot of good people in the clan at the moment who could do this job, and you know who they are.

If you feel that you can support this idea then please post your support.

Disco :)

ps Core im glad you posted a response to this thread. I do not want you to leave as on the whole you do a good job. I have taken you off my friends list for the time being which is good enough for me.

5. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

GM got leaders, they did the job.. made the clan.. made the site.. they are allowed to do what they want.. and you can deside if you want to stay or not.. you cant take their leadership.

6. eoN

Good idea but i think it should be one month for the first few months just so it doesn't get abused. Also if this is going to be done people have to take it seriously. No stupid votes etc.

In conclusion if this idea would go up for a vote I'd vote yes. But for one month for the first while.

7. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

agreed whit KJ 100%

8. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

i think that's a great idea :). However, would be good if it would be made publicly beforehand who your able to vote on, since im pretty sure alot of people will get votes, who dont even want to be leader, which make those votes rather pointless. also a bit concerned about people just voting on someone for the hell of it, or because its their friend :)

splendid idea nontheless.

9. eoN

He didn't actually say take their leadership he said make someone from the clan into a voice for the clan with the leaders that would be able to demote leaders TEMPORARILY. But tbh if the leaders make rules they should stick to them. So that shouldnt be needed.

Why not make it so its lots of votes.

So like everyone votes for who they want (out of all the GM's) then people vote for who they think thought get it out of the top 10?

Also maybe before people voted for the top ten there would be a topic in the clan section where people can post the pros and cons of the top 10 people, or maybe one for each person etc.

10. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be is what I will say.

It's like we're voting for the next Prime Minister...

11. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

mah in short.. i would vote for core anyway, despite what he did is wrong, he knows he was wrong. But i still think hes a good leader nontheless.

12. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

This video is absolutely insensitive to the situation even if that is not your intention.

13. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Don't provoke the situation even further.

14. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Demote Dark, Waebi and I for 1 week and see how GM will run.

15. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Really? Take away our full rights to the servers, who will take the time to manage and maintain them then? Still be the same?

16. eoN

To be perfectly honest it seems to me Waebi's the only one who's not done anything wrong.

17. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

That's not my point. Take away our power and see how GM will run is my point. Of course Waebi did nothing wrong, he's not even here atm, don't insinuate.

18. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

wtf core we don´t want to blame you...

we don´t want to show you are useless.

you run this clan, you own this clan.

in a fully right way.

but it are the users who piss me off.

19. eoN

Well to be honest if it went to the vote system from what ive seen i'd vote for Pissmidget to be leader, i think he'd do a great job hes probably the most level headed person left in the clan

But seriously this is getting pathetic now 4 or is it 3 :S ffs tbh it makes no difference seriously i think we should try that.

From what ive been seeing i think it would work bloody well >_>

20. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Main issues with this clan are respect and trust.

Solve these two and GM is good to go.

Stay if you want to see things improve.

Leave if you don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)