Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Disco_Indigo, 23 Sep 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eoN

Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

1 :O

2. Yeah i think your right and i dont think these should be seperate but i think the squads need their bit and the fun people need theirs very hard to explain what i mean...

3 he has

2. eoN

Okay heres an idea for a punishment for flaming (maybe for other things aswell)

Maybe make a 3 star system so you get 3 chances and if you mess up your 3rd your out for a week then after your on your final (or maybe 3 more) chance(s) if after you mess up again maybe demotion / kicked out depending on the severity of it

Problem with this is people might see it as a flame allowance (also this would only apply to the forum and maybe in game but not steam chat... maybe the Gaming Masters chat room on steam and the IRC as well)

This would be good and easy to report with screen shots etc.

3. eoN

Yeah but if it was my idea i would say make it under their avatar on the forum so everyone can see (or if possible just clan members)

Otherwise they may not know themselves and i think everyone should know that they are being punished so people dont flame back etc.

4. eoN

Kinda but not a link to them it just has an amount of stars under the persons 'Location'.

And i like the idea of the first image :P but it would be out of 3 :P

EDIT

Or maybe like <star><star> / <star><star><star> to show that they have 3 warnings then a punishment then another 2 then depending on the severity an appropriate punishment.

Like week demotion on your third warning.

This could also be used for other things aswell but of course it would also need a topic made for people to appeal their warnings etc and there has to be evidence etc like a screen shot or whatever.

Also for the first image maybe put the stars in the bar thing so you dont have to open it to see. like beside the steam ID.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  5. eoN

Yeah somin like that :) thanks for making the images Spyko :D

6. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

How did you edit the pictures spyko? I aint not expert in that.
    But it's looking good.

uhmm about this warnings thingy? I dont know? :?

7. eoN

It makes an easier way to keep track of whos doing what and it saves the leaders alot of reading i think.

it could cause some problems but i think it would solve more.

I dunno maybe the leaders should deside.

8. eoN

Heres an idea!

How about everytime someone contributes to the clan or does something extra nice (maybe this could be for example if someones cheating an admin that bans them or maybe it could be like if they are helpful to someone etc) they get a star back or maybe they get an extra star or whatever i dunno but when you make it that way it seems rather of an immature system... Maybe just you get a star back. This would encourage people to be nicer etc :) I dunno though this would have to be talked about alot by everyone so maybe after the leaders deside wether they think its a good idea we all have a vote or somin or maybe just the leaders deside i dont know :S

9. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

I like this idea. I'll add an extra column to the members database table and the necessary output to both the forum and the members page (probably with that little star thing :P)

10. eoN

Yey :) Thanks darki i hope it works out well if GM decides to use a star system :)

11. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

Wow.

Did I miss an episode?

There are so many issues to deal with here that I can only scratch the surfact in one post. So let me start by defending Core.

This is Core's clan. Like it or not, you are all here because of his generosity and willingness to allow you to be part of something he started and that he owns. Being in GM is a privelege, and using the clan forum, PMs, chat, servers, etc., is a privelege -- not a right.

There is also no right to privacy in a public forum. I had a PM read by Core many months ago, and while I was surprised, I didn't get upset because I realized that I should have known that there is no expectation of privacy. I realized that this is Core's website, and unless he and I agreed otherwise beforehand, Core had every damned right to access and read anything he damn well pleased.

It's too bad that Disco went and rage-posted the way he did, because it had the unfortunate effect of a mini-nuke being dropped into the middle of GM. With all the other things going on, unraveling the clan, this seemed to pull the final thread.

I've read a lot about flaming, and immaturity, and lack of respect and trust. I think we should take a deep breath and tell Core, "Thank you." And then instead of thinking of ways to tear down GM and other people, think about what you, personally, can do to improve GM.

I Am Nomad

12. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

I've done the latter thing Nomad was speaking of, and I think the leaders of GM have to think about what kind of clan GM wants to become; a fun-community-clan-thingy or a serious clan aspiring to compete with the best?

13. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

GM wants to be a fun-clan with some serious teams in it. Teams and the fun part should exist side by side and accept each other.
    Since this is still a clan and not a community only the teams need to have some priviliges, like having their own recruitment policies, otherwise the teams won't be competitive. On the otherside teams should stop acting like they are the only real clan members. Every fun-member can found a team (some rules apply but basically everyone can do it) and lead it (hopefully better than gRend did) so there is no reason to complain that they are left out.

There is gray between black and white.

14. Re: Personnal Messages and how they are not personnal !!!

Could not agree more, thank you Nomad.

15. eoN

Okay, when i joined GM i was under the impression that it was run by a group of EQUAL leaders and thats the main reason i joined to avoid what TBR had with their censorship etc and i thought GM would be more mature.

The only reason i have not left is because of the F team and i will be rethinking my membership with GM after ETF2L.

I hope i will regret this post after ETF2L to be honest... but i dont know at the moment, and no this isnt a rage post i've been thinking this for the past few days.

Just wanted to get that off my chest...

16. eoN

The last thing we need is more censorship i think. There's been enough posts deleted etc as it is. Sweeping something under the carpet doesn't get rid of it it just makes it come up later and bite people on the ass.

17. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

I agree with you, Eon. I didn't mean to suggest that Disco should be censored.

I Am Nomad

18. eoN

Okay, did i miss understand you?

If so sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)