ph_mountain

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Austria_Phantom, 2 Sep 2009.

1. Re: ph_mountain

Sorted

2. Gaw discord is my friend now

Re: ph_mountain

:love: We irish are the most efficient :cool:

3. Re: ph_mountain

It is just a counterpart to offblast ;P

Ok, I will look at the balance, but first I will play it on my own :D

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  4. Re: ph_mountain

Important:
    I made a mistake with the chimney005-Prop in the List of available Props:
    PushArrayString(g_ModelName, "models/props_2fort/chimney005.mdl");
    (I forgot the l)

It also seems that the pyro and cp-props doesn't get used. I didn't add them to the list because Geit said in the thread "How to make a ph-map", that they are set global.

Also some things I noticed:
    • As already said: It isn't easy for the pyros. I have to take a look what I can change to balance it a little bit.
    • I forgot to add ammo-boxes and health-packs. Very important to add.
    • Nevertheless the responses were good so far while I was playing yesterday.
    If some of you already played on the map and also noticed something, please tell me ;)

5. Re: ph_mountain

Hey Phantom do you have a link for a version with your mentioned fixes?

Keen to put this on my server when you get around to fixing a few things.

6. Re: ph_mountain

Tried to play this but nominating on server does jack.Ok I finally am playing it now and first thing I might do is make the rounds longer like timbertown etc.

7. Re: ph_mountain

@osiris: I didn't fix those mentioned things and I also won't be able to do it until the next few days (probably tomorrow, but i'm not sure). But I'll link Alpha2/Beta1 as soon as it is finished.
    @Vork: That is a good idea and will also balance the whole map a little bit more. But this has to be done by Geit or Dark I think. I don't know how much longer the time for timbertown is, but I think a time like in timbertown or storm should work better for my map.

8. Re: ph_mountain

Also from how the cubemaps compiled it looked like you didn't compile with HDR?

Pretty much essential for a nice looking outdoor map :P

Also the sun angles and general appearance don't quite seem right imo :/

9. Re: ph_mountain

I think timbertown is 3:50(can't remember)

also I think adding corrugated_metal001, metal_barrier02,sign001, and orange_cone001 to the prop list would make it a little harder for the props.Making the cows non solid objects(like on warehouse etc) and removing the clip or watever on the tree's so there is more hiding spots.

10. Re: ph_mountain

Also remove the shadows on the trees

11. Re: ph_mountain

Do you really think the props need more hiding spots? I think they have enough. Especially the clip on the trees is important, because there are so many trees and that will take way too long to check every tree as pyro.

To-Do:
    • Balance!
    • Health-Packs
    • Ammo-Boxes
    • Change Sun-Angle and General Appearance
    • Disable Tree-Shadows
    • Change Prop-List (Tree001 is too overpowered as prop)
    • Compile with HDR
    To-Do for the Admins (don't know if they already have done this):
    • Set Round-Time to 3:50
    • Correct the Error for the Chimney005-Prop in the Prop-List

12. Re: ph_mountain

Less camouflage and more hiding behind stuff would be cool - that is definitely Warehouse's downfall.

13. Re: ph_mountain

I don't find the tree001 to hard to check just walk thru them.I think the time should be changed first and then start watching to see if the props win as much.

14. Re: ph_mountain

@Vork: Probably right, but there are too many, espacially on and around the mountain to check every single one of them. But you are right: Extending the time should balance the map way better.
    Nevertheless I'm already working on Alpha2. Health-Packs and Ammo-Boxes are already added.
    The Skybox probably gets changed from the Vladuct-Skybox to the Lumberyard-Skybox and the Tree-Shadows are disabled now. I also tried make more places, where you can hide behind stuff instead of hiding between same-looking props.
    I also deleted some trees and added other stuff instead to create better routes for the players.
    I think I will be able to release Alpha2 tomorrow.

15. Re: ph_mountain

Cool can't wait to try it.

16. Re: ph_mountain

I'm not sure why its probably something to do with my half working prophunt server but this map just kept giving out pyro models for the full 20 mins. :<

17. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: ph_mountain

It's because we can't update your plugin with the new maps configs because of your excessive security >.>

18. Re: ph_mountain

Haha yes thats a problem but you can just PM me :P or have a RSS feed showing updates.

19. Re: ph_mountain

I still don't see what's wrong with an FTP server for the plugins directory and absolutely nothing else running within a secure virtual machine (windows VM right?) on one of the spare open ports.

20. Re: ph_mountain

Hmm, I think I won't release Alpha2 today. The longer I try to balance the map, the more things I notice. I think I'll give myself a little bit more time to make the map really better. Especially because I don't have so much time anymore because now I go to work instead of school ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ph_mountain hiding spot