Player Reward System

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Geit, 5 Nov 2009.

1. Spykodemon Disabled account

Re: Player Reward System

http://www.specialattack.net/spa-points

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Fair enough, but I don't quite see how that turns them into a "Noob" server, apart from the fact that they have reserved slots (And block sprays? D:-) . - the system that is in discussion is a lot more verbose and fair, imo. - it also covers team work.

3. Re: Player Reward System

Just to let you know... that advertisement won't show properly. The 'H' type messages don't show colour codes ({DEFAULT}), so the text will actually show ingame and it looks rather ugly. Also there's no point having that code whether it worked or not, because if you don't specify a colour it is default as standard...

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Kash - streamlining GM code since May '08

5. Re: Player Reward System

sound good, but I don't know if it will work out for us. we only got about +-50-70 active*99%* regulars on our servers, correct me if im wrong. then ze GM's.

I guess we could try this.

6. Will someone please tell goat this is a shit idea, thanks

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

He won't listen - He is ferocious

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  8. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Its a shit idea.

9. it's not a shit idea, a lot better than most donating/reward systems.

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

We don't need a donating/reward system.

11. Geit Coding wizard!

No, but we need ways of encouraging people of joining and filling severs, which is exactly what this does and why I thought it up and bothered getting opinions from every one on it. - Give me one reason as to why encouraging people to fill servers and join the forums is bad and I'll remove my proposal.

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

Stable servers is a good start, then next is to create servers with maps that people like, dustbowl is usually filled unless it crashes, then it goes empty right away. I do not like any kind of donor/grant system that gives you more than others in the game (donate without getting anything more than a stable server is fine with me..)

Erik

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Sure it encourages people - The wrong people. Do you really want the 12 year old russian kids on the normal servers aswell as prophunt? I know it's not a strong argument on my behalf, but it's truth.

Also, the servers usually fill atm for the very reason they are normal and not filled with a load of crap.

14. Geit Coding wizard!

I've done all I can to ensure stable servers, any crashes or lags are now caused by external software like; RDP (Dark insists on using this, because he's too pussy to text edit on VNC. - Text editing can be done through FTP. :/), Imgkk (Hit Scripts etc etc and other piles of crap related to it.) and all the other shit that Dark insists on keeping on the Dedi.

@Gaw, The servers usually DON'T fill these days because no-one actually bothers to sit on them or try and start them up(When was the last time you saw #4 getting populated?), This system is for remedying that.
    And, in my honest opinion, we have a fair few people here already who are worse than the Russian kids. (I'll give you a hint, they are are both British kids. :/)

15. Gaw discord is my friend now

Ok - that's two people - who rarely ever use the server. Imagine that to the magnitude of over 9000 - Chaos.

16. Goat is making it anyway. inb4:

- Servers crashing
    - PropHunt being wiped
    - Fuckloads of sql injection exploits
    - Etc.

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

also inb4 asking darks help every step of the way

18. No need, he already is.

19. Fromage "The Cheese"

Fix that and the player amount will increase, trust me. If the servers works fine people will come back automatically since most of the GM players are so awesomely fun to play with.

Erik

20. We fixed the lag ages ago - this is an old thread :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rewards systems for 4-5 year olds