PlayStation Meeting 2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gaw, 20 Feb 2013.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

Conversion: 22:30pm pre-show, 23:00pm main event for UK/Ireland. Add an hour for the Netherlands etc.

I don't think they have outright confirmed that this is the PS4, but it would be a major shock move at this stage if it wasn't. All general discussion etc goes here!

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Yey! I wasn't sure what time it was in the UK - good to know I can watch it live!! *EXCITED!!*

excited.gif

EDIT: Thank you Gaw! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. holy bloody fuck yes

4. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

that twitch chat idonteven
    [​IMG]

5. My body is ready

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

Starting now:

Mumble room also up

7. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GROUNDBAKING CONSOLE ANNOUNCED TOGAY!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

curious about what their plans are for the online infrastructure, haven't been able to watch/read much from this yet.

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

If you missed it, this sums it up

Also specs have been released:

[​IMG]

Absolutely excellent news, this should making porting between PS4 and PC (and vice versa) much, much easier. The PS4 having 8GB of RAM is actually a huge thing, it's one of the main reasons porting is often terrible, as currently the PS3 (and the 360) only have 512mb of RAM. Even if you're not interested in purchasing a PS4, this is excellent news for the PC community.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. I like cars, I got a thing for cars, it's fucking weird...

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

It's exactly what I was thinking during the presentation

12. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Can't wait to switch one on, then off.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. 8gb of gddr5 has got to be a mistake... can you even use graphics grade ram for standard x86 shit?

if it's legit this will leave a lot of PCs in the dust

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  14. They confirmed it in the live stream - they started by saying "8GB of high-speed RAM" - which made me think they'd opted out of having 4GB of GDDR5 RAM and gone with 8GB GDDR3 - but they later said it's GDDR5.... sooooo.... yah!

And for the PS3 that's not even pooled RAM - it's 256mb for graphics and 256mb for the rest of the system!

15. Geit Coding wizard!

[​IMG]

I don't think many people realise just how fucking powerful that makes this system. If Durango (XBox 720) does indeed have the rumored 12 compute units and unified 8GB DDR3, it'll be left in the dust by the PS4, at least in terms of raw power.

Also, Savage linked me to an article last night saying that they were planning on selling this for £300, which would certainly make this the more dominant console of the next generation unless Microsoft are willing to lose money on selling their boxes too.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

16. Well that settles it, getting a ps4 :V

PC ports may actually be a downgrade given that fact, apart from 'brute force' things like anti-aliasing

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. It won't surpass PCs for a simple reason: A gaming rig that's high-end costs approximately 2 - 2,500 dollars.
    How can you possibly condense that down to a 599 dollar system and still make a profit with every console sale??

18. The reason is they're not going to be making a profit, if anything for the first year or so they will make a loss on every console sold.

19. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

It's final, I'm buying a PS4.

I really wanted to buy a Wii U, but the specs on this machine are absolutely ridiculous.

It outperforms THE FUCK out of every single gaming platform out there.

In other news:

- Am I the only one who likes the new controller? It looks like the touch-pad was designed with web browsing in mind, since the PS3's browsing experience was mediocre at most.
    - I love how they added a 3.5mm jack for sound.
    - Some people have been complaining about it being Bluetooth 2.1 instead of 4.0. Does it really matter?
    - The new Camera looks like a nice homebrew toy. If it plays nicely with Windows, it might be able to replace my current facetracknoir setup.
    - Does anybody know what the new GPU actually is?

20. Gaw discord is my friend now

Sony have AMD by the balls. It's highly likely AMD were going to go bankrupt - Sony's contract of both CPU's and GPU's is a major lifeline. I'm expecting they are getting very, very good rates compared to what consumers would pay. (Some people are speculating Sony would be wise to completely buy AMD if the PS4 launch goes well). And as Apex said - consoles are very often sold as a loss for either the first couple of years, or indefinitely to attract customers. They make their money back on games and peripherals. If Sony price this at the rumoured $429/$529 price, shit's gonna go down.

21. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

One of the things I like about the PS3/4 is that it still feels like a gaming console where as the Xbox just constantly have ads fucking everywhere and are more focused on having the xbox as an entertainment box rather than gaming.

22. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

The specs are incredible, but with a console it's entirely about gameplay. PS3 graphics etc. are superior to 360 but as far as gameplay (and exclusives) go 360 completely trumps it. If this is a repeat with the 720 I'd much rather the console that focuses on brilliant gameplay than superior graphics. As well as this my main gripe with PS3 was the fact they haven't changed the outdated controller and they STILL haven't changed the uncomfortable dual shock 3 format.

If I want a machine with ultimate graphics and top social interaction I'll pay top dollar for a gaming PC. The Xbox controller is far more comfortable than the Dual Shock and if Xbox even half manage the graphical capabilities (which is more than likely) they'll most likely concentrate more on gameplay of their exclusives which once more makes it my preferred console even before it's announced/revealed.

However if the PS4 is significantly under priced in comparison it will no doubt destroy the next gen Xbox.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. funny excited gif

2. really excited gif