Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Danny, 28 Jun 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Can something be done about retards and the GM server, basically meaning Dustbowl as that's the only I play one.

1. Why do so many admins call a scramble vote, after a team wins a single round, it's stupid and lame. The only way anyone will get better is if the game is challenging, just because a team wins a round within a few minutes doesn't mean we have to scramble the teams ffs. The other night, the teams were Scrambled after every round, even Disco was getting annoyed!

2. Class restrictions, there was a thread about this and I voted no, as I was under the impression that the reason we has so many people playing Sniper or Spy was because of the update and that this would come to an end once everyone had all weapons for both classes. I was wrong it still happening and is annoying, I was just on the DB server then and my team had 7 Sniper's at one point. So I now call for a class restriction on the following classes Sniper, Engineer and Spy.
    The Sniper and Spy can mess up your own team if you have too many and my reason for adding the Engineer is because the other night, the opposing team had like 7-8 Engineer's and it was Farm time, which just makes the game no fun at all, especially when you have 1 Medic on your team.

3. Admin's spamming the character voices, fair enough doing at the end of a round, but doing it mid-game, is stupid and annoying. I have my mic turned up to the max, so I can hear Spies de-cloaking. Now when the sounds are being spammed, I can't hear, it's distracting and pisses me off. I can't be the only one.

4. Auto join team, It pisses me when we have players in spectater, waiting for someone to join a certain team, can something be done about this, I've even seen admin's waiting there for well over 5mins and there taking the place of someone who might actually want to play. If they want to watch, enable SourceTV.

That's my Rant for this month, I'm sure some of you are going to disagree with me. The Dustbowl server is getting pretty lame, it's not as much fun as it used to be and IMO the changes above would make a better server.

Dan

2. Re: [RANT TIME] Please sort out the servers.

If 4 people type !scramble a scramble vote will be started, most of the time it's just non admins that make a scramble vote since it only takes 4 people.

Yeah it pisses me off aswell, i mostly use the "you've failed" at the end of the round. Only the leaders can tell the admins not to spam the voices, it shouldn't be hard since it's mostly the same admins.

3. Re: [RANT TIME] Please sort out the servers.

Then only allow Admins or certain senior GM Members the ability to call the vote.

4. Re: [RANT TIME] Please sort out the servers.

Nope anyone can now. Go into a server and type !scramble and see.

5. Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

Sorry my bad, I meant to say "Then only allow Admins or certain senior GM Members the ability to call the vote."

6. Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

:clap:

*clears throat*

apex right, 6x "!scramble" then a scramble vote will come up. IT A PUBLIC VOTE

-About the scramble is that it shouldn't scramble when we on stage 2 and 3. only on stage 1. you get it. dis 4 geit & dark. "[SM] Scramble voting is is delayed at the moment." Can't vote at all :S

-The class restrictions, ppl can play freely and whateva they want, but I get ur point, danny.

-Admin sounds, yes this should be played at the end or beginning of the round.

-About the ppl spec, they can spec when they like. but if the server is full, and there spec ppl there for more than 4/5 mins= kick. let me know when it happens. and those who spec to wait to join winning team or clan team is called stacking. FTL!!!

:dance:

-John ^^

7. Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

I admit, I do play the admin sounds every so often, nowhere near as much as I used to. The majority of the time it makes loads of people laugh, but if someone says shut up etc, I stop playing them.

8. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

it makes me laugh every time sandy or oba does it. i dont mind it all.
    i have seen the servers with a class restriction and its awefull, just leave it this way.

your just complaining now because you had 1 bad night at dustbowl, geeze man.

9. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Keyword.

Dustbowl.

10. Knud Phat beats only

The "!scramble" is somewhat.. well... open for improvement ...

But Admins can disable the 6x "!scramble", and I did a few times today..
    But.. it does pre-scramble before the round starts (after it loaded the new map), at the payload server. (Not 100% sure about dustbowl)

11. Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

yea, this what we should have on dustbowl instead of scramble. (i know it wont cos it's one map) but geit or dark can think of sumtink. :codingskills:

pre-scramble after stage 3 WINS :dance:

what ya tink?

12. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

-When I notice ppl speccing just to join the winning team at the right moment, I usually simply kick them... /sm_kick <name> Winning team joining (underlined is reason, anything can be added there; I also use this for AFK)

- I don't play any sounds anymore at all

- Class restrictions: Max 3 engies, 3 snipers, 3 spies imo. NO others

- Public 6-vote scramble: equals fail imo... Big time fail...

13. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

personally the scramble doesn't bother me, its random teams.

14. Orion Dismantler of the sun

Teams are not always random :awesome:

15. Re: PLease sort out the servers. [RANT TIME]

I agree with the class restrictions and the 6 votes needed for a scramble is retarded to be honest.

@Bulletproof, its not the actual scrambling of teams that bothers me, its the reasons for calling one, example being: Blue team win Dustbowl stage 1 within a few minutes, for me that isn't a reason for calling a scramble, if the outcome was the same for stage 2 and 3, then a scramble is needed.

So like Robbie says, class limit on these three classes 3 engies, 3 snipers, 2 spies and only admins and GM members held in high regard should be able to call a scramble vote.

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

Would be great with scramblemode only enabled on stage 1, after that you can't call it. I still think that you should be able to force scramble without any mods, but maybe make the limit 12-16 players instead.

About class limits, thats just pure fail. If you have 3 horrible players of either class and you can't go it at least I tend to rage quit (remember how it was when GM once had class limits, it was really frustrating..)

Erik

17. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Censored the thread, as per the requests of the people who reported it, when posting please keep swearing and profanities to a minimum, there are minors about.

18. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

I have to agree about the class restrictions ,well i was the person who made that thread about the class restrictions when the spy/sniper update come out so of course im going to support class restrictions.

19. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

@Cheese, I know what your saying, I am normally of the opinion that you should allow players to choose whatever they want, but the server of late is getting a bit of a joke, like earlier tonight, the red team on Stage 2 had 6 Engineers, which is just ridiculous, we had 3 decent medics who used there ubers well and we still struggled to win the round.
    The Engie stacking doesn't bother as much, but when you have 4-5 Snipers/Spies on your team then it starts taking the piss, especially the Sniper who contributes the least to the team IMO.
    The scramble plugin doesn't bother me, its the reason for doing it like I said in my previous post.

lol, how pathetic. Not at you Geit but people reporting a few swear words, like kids today dont swear or watch South Park and shit like that!

20. Orion Dismantler of the sun

Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Must add i do partially agree with Danny on some of these things.

Engineer stacking on some stages feels incredibly annoying especially when it reaches heights of 6-8 engineers. The 5 snipers or spies where usually 2-3 atleast are not being credit to the team is just plain crap.

the scrambling could use a bit of work it definatly is as Danny says, which i know some people really agree with, like blue picking up a semi fast victory on stage 1 dustbowl and alot of the time scramble votes will already start flying in there and then which feels like a complete joke, lets atleast do stage 3 before you start to complain and then maybe see how badly a scramble is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)