Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Danny, 28 Jun 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Here's the config for the Scrambling Plugin, it looks fine to me, but see if you can spot things that will make it overreact.

Code:
    // This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.2.1-dev)
    // ConVars for plugin "gscramble.smx"

// Sets if admins are immune from spectate blocking
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    sm_gs_admins_immune "1"

// Enables/disables the automatic scrambling 0=off.
    // -
    sm_gs_auto_enable "0"

// Admin flag for those allowed to force a team balance
    // -
    // Default: "b"
    sm_gs_flag_balance "b"

// Admin flag for who has access to scramble teams now.
    // -
    // Default: "n"
    sm_gs_flag_now "c"

// Admin flag for those allowed to start a scramble vote
    // -
    // Default: "b"
    sm_gs_flag_vote "b"

// Force a balance between each round. (If you use a custom team balance plugin that doesn't do this already, or you have the default one disabled)
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    sm_gs_force_balance "0"

// Auto-scramble only after a full round has completed.
    // -
    sm_gs_fullround_only "1"

// If a teams wins with a frag ratio greater than or equal to this setting, trigger a scramble
    // -
    // Default: "2.0"
    // Minimum: "1.200000"
    sm_gs_hfragratio "100"

// Minimum people connected before automatic scrambles are possible
    // -
    // Default: "12"
    sm_gs_min_autoplayers "12"

// If enabled, teams will scramble at the end of the 'waiting for players' period
    // -
    sm_gs_prescramble "1"

// Percentage of people needing to trigger a scramble in chat.  If using votemode 1, I suggest you set this lower than 50%
    // -
    // Default: "0.60"
    // Minimum: "0.050000"
    sm_gs_public_needed "0.20"

// For public chat votes: 0 = if enough triggers, enable scramble.  1 = if enough triggers, start menu vote to start a scramble
    // -
    sm_gs_public_votemode "1"

// Enable/disable public voting
    // -
    sm_gs_public_votes "1"

// Player scramble sort mode.
    // 1 = Random
    // 2 = Player Score
    // 3 = Player Score Per Minute.
    // This controls how players get swapped during a scramble.
    // -
    // Minimum: "1.000000"
    // Maximum: "3.000000"
    sm_gs_sort_mode "1"

// Time after being swapped by a scramble where players aren't allowed to join spectator
    // -
    // Default: "120"
    sm_gs_specblocktime "120"

// If there is this many minutes or less remaining, stop autoscrambling
    // -
    sm_gs_timeleft_skip "0"

// 0 will trigger scramble for round end.
    // 1 will scramble teams after vote.
    // -
    sm_gs_vote_behavior "0"

// Time after the map has started in which players can votescramble.
    // -
    // Default: "60.0"
    sm_gs_vote_delay "60.0"

// Minimum poeple connected before any voting will work.
    // -
    // Default: "6"
    sm_gs_vote_minplayers "6"

// Percentage of votes for the menu vote scramble needed.
    // -
    // Default: "0.60"
    // Minimum: "0.050000"
    sm_gs_vote_needed "0.50"

// If set, it will scramble after a team wins X full rounds in a row
    // -
    sm_gs_winstreak "12"

// If a team wins in less time than this, and has a frag ratio greater than specified: perform an auto scramble.
    // -
    // Default: "120.0"
    sm_gs_wintime_limit "0.0"

// Lower kill ratio for teams that win in less than the wintime_limit.
    // -
    // Default: "1.5"
    sm_gs_wintime_ratio "1.5"

Also, on the case of class restrictions:

Sorry for the brief reply, but I'm tired, I'll reply in depth tomorrow

2. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Love the sarcasm, that comment was related to the Scramble vote and not class restrictions. It's not really a challenge if a team has X Snipers, X Spies and X Engineers, a challenge for me anyway is when the teams are equal in terms of good players and both teams have a good balance of each class. Not having 5 or 6 Snipers/Spies and Engineers.
    The thing is, outside of the main classes - Scouts, Soldiers, Demomen, Heavy and Medics, the rest are just utility classes designed to give specialized advantages. Having more than 2-3 Snipers/Spies really just weakens your team. Pyro's attacking are cannon fodder, unless Ubered. Pyro's defending are only needed for Spy checking and if there a decent Pyro using the air blast to push back an Uber and Rocket.

For example:

Red Team ~ Stage 1 First CP

Sniper - Snipers job (IMO) really is to take out other Snipers, Heavies and one watching the middle and right hand side and the other watching the left hand side.

Spy - Main job (again IMO) is trying to take out Medics and Heavies, any other class is a bonus.

Blue Team ~ Stage 1 First CP

Sniper - Max number of snipers needed really is 2. Snipers job (IMO) is to takeout the other Snipers, Engineers if in view and try to do some damage or even destroy Sentries/Dispenser's, again if in view.

Spy - Main job sap anything in sight, try to kill Engineer's and also try to ninja cap.

Red Team ~ Stage 2 First CP

Sniper - Snipers job is to takeout other Snipers and have one on the bridge guarding the gate. Second Sniper again main target is opposing Sniper and watch the tunnel.

Spy - Main job sap their Teleporters to slow there assualt, target Medic's to stop or limit the number of Ubers. Communicate with team, if they can identify enemy Spies.

Blue Team ~ Stage 2 First CP

Sniper - Snipers job is to takeout the main Sniper on the bridge, so Demo's and Soldiers can Spam from the gate. Anyting else is a bonus.

Spy - Main job sap target Snipers, Sap Sentries and try to cause as much mayhem as possible.

and so on... I think you get where I'm coming from.

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

I still think restrictions is fail, you're definitly going to lose players if you introduce it. And then what if you have 6 pyros? That's pretty useless as well, limit it? or 6 scouts? Any class with to many sucks but you cannot force prevent it by telling people how to play. If you for instance had jonash and XO in the same team and you needed two good snipers, then what if the sniper limit is reached? five snipers with two good is better than three snipers that sucks and no one can go it..

Often if you get too many on one class people tend to change sooner or later, and hopefully thats the one sucking on the class. I say no to restrictions, period.

Erik

4. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

This.

we had the class restrictions before, which was mess'd up. and it only last a day or two til we removed it. that's finally. we will never bring it back.

you gotta love those teams that has 5 medics :mmmhmm:

5. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Scramble is stupid - teams balance themselves out over time and heaving people scream for a scramble everytime they lose is idiotic, as is forcing a scramble everytime a new map starts... Class restrictions would make a much more balanced game and prevent retarded engie stalemates, but that's not gonna make too much of a difference with 32 players on an unbalanced map with unbalanced spawn times.

6. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

+1
    john and cheezi are right even when it sucks hard when u get raped cause u got 3 sniper + 3 spy in your team but this would be the same with every class (maybe except demo cause u see this quite often on db that a team with more than 3 demos is( mostly) defending quite good

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  7. Fromage "The Cheese"

:D

Erik

Attached Files:

8. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Code:
    // If enabled, teams will scramble at the end of the 'waiting for players' period
    // -
    sm_gs_prescramble "1"
    Personally, I really hate this. It's because how I play though... I love defending so most of the times I try to go to the RED team, but then there's this really annoying pre-round scramble... I really hope this get turned to "0" quite soon...

9. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Oh and Erik, that's the ONLY time having more than 2 engies is funny...

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

With regulars yes, otherwise it's quite boring. That engineering was fail though, we tend to lose when we stack one team with one class :cop:

Erik

11. Orion Dismantler of the sun

Hey we won that engi stack game on dustbowl fair and square, was completely awesome.

12. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Well it works for GTFOgaming and UKCS servers, why not GM?

Agree with your comment on the Scramble it's retarded. It doesn't work well at the moment, it needs to be set so either Admins/Senior GM members are the only ones who can start the vote or have it set so it needs more than 6 players.

Like I said on a previous post, there is no point in restricting all classes, just the classes that give the team a specialized advantaged,
    For example:
    The Soldier, Demo, Heavy, Scouts are just as good at attacking as defending, where the Engineer, Pyro and Sniper are really just defending classes.
    Having more than 2-3 Snipers weakens your team, especially on the blue team.

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

GTFO and UKCS has that fast respawn bullcrap as far as I can remember and that itself is fail, but I know lots of people like it and play there (I can be wrong of course..) I just remember when GM had the limits previously, people did rage a lot about it and I myself will probably play less on GM if my class is limited (join and quit if I can't pick my prefared class.)

I hate having six pyros on the offense and that happens A LOT so why don't you restrict that as well? Its pure crap too to be honest.

You can't cure retardness on a public no matter how much you try to force people to play other things. There are lots of good people on each class and if you force them to play anything else your team might suffer from it (like having the great snipers playing scouts or the great spies plays demomen etc.)

Limits should only be active in a match based game rather than on a public. If the public team sucks and has to many of one class just leave, thats what I do, and rejoin when there is less retarding going on. :)

Erik

14. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

thats what i wanted to say somehow ..

youre right ... scrambling with 6 votes destroys a lot
    i liked the vote which needed over 50% of server population ... maybe it could be increased to a higher level , just an idea
    but i go with ya to say that this needs a change

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  15. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

I think UKCS has instant respawn crap, I don't think GTFO do though, I may be wrong.

I think will agree to disagree, you have your reasons for saying why we shouldn't and I have mine for why we should!

:P

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

But deep down you know im right! ;-) hehe no its good with different opinions.

Erik

17. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

scramble is there, instead of ppl rage quitting and if winning teams wins after stage by stage, it's get boring, no fun.=needs a scramble.

this is only on server 1, 2 & 6(I think). it's to prevent players stacking to a team.
    It only scrambles when the map changes after everyone joins the teams.

but there can be sometimes where there no admins on server, so the public needs to be able to scramble.

Also it 6 !scramble from the public not just from admins only..

We could try changing number of !scrambles to 8-10
    60-80% population?

and cheese thanks 4 pics, i had some memories too.

18. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Im not saying get rid of scramble but stop allowing people to use it after one team wins the first stage within a few minutes, thats whats retarded, I have already said that scramble is not a problem, the way its being used is.

That's why I said Admins and Senior GM members, I don't think

I've ever been on the DB server and there hasn't been either an Admin or what I call a senior GM member like Cheese, Piss, Hellboy and so on...

Haven't I already said that "or have it set so it needs more than 6 players."

19. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

I get your point, and I agreed that there's shouldnt be a scramble after stage one nor 2. I mention this b4 somewhere. a scramble should be made after the blue wins the stage 3. then it get scramble before stage 1 starts.

yes, but we not just talking about db server. There's other GM servers too.

20. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Can't a plugin be scripted like, after 5 wins in a row there pops up an automaticly generated vote like: "Scramble teams?" "Yes" or "No" Outcome: >50% Yes = scramble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)