Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Danny, 28 Jun 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

fair enough but look at the first post, where I wrote "Can something be done about retards and the GM server, basically meaning Dustbowl as that's the only I play one."

:P

2. Knud Phat beats only

Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

A side note:
    GTFO doesnt have class limits. Atleast, not the times that I play there.
    Multiplay has class limits tho, on certain servers/maps

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

Sounds great. Also would be nice if yes or no was on 8 and 9 instead of 1 and 2. People tend to just random click whatever is closest (usually 1.. :))

Erik

4. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Yea that's true... how about Y or N (Y obviously yes and N for no... ^^)?

5. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

They definitely had some kind of restriction but I've not been on there in a few months, they may have put it place when the Sniper/Spy update was released and now removed it ?

6. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

we need to try it but it sounds ok on paper^^

+1, sounds like a fair solution to me

7. Knud Phat beats only

I play there almost every week (When GM is empty or boring) and then they dont have restrictions. But, they have like 11 different servers, so maybe I tend to choose the ones WITHOUT the limits :)

Anyway, Geit, Dark, Savage, any "official" feedback on this whole topic/thread?
    I think there are some good suggestions here and there.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

There are good suggestions in this thread, but i'm still deciding whether to act on them, I'll decide tonight.

9. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Well shouldn't the community make that decision?
    Rather than have Dark and yourself make the decision when you two hardly play on that server. Why not make a poll for both Scramble and Class limits?

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

It should be a vote ingame then based on unique ID's. Its like a hundred of regulars that hangs around the forums but lots and lots more playing on the servers. I think that would be more fair if the people on the servers decide and not just the forum community :)

Erik

11. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

This.

but people will be complaining about the spamming votes.

I guess we could have a week of voting in the start of the every round.

"Would you like to have class limits on this server in the future" etc

12. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

I understand what your saying Cheese and that is probably a better suggestion.
    I've not seen anything like what I'm about to suggest but Geit or Dark may know, if we do indeed have 4-5 Snipers/Spies on one team could that team start a vote in-game to allow class limits ?

13. Geit Coding wizard!

There's only one decision to make, how do we handle scrambling in future, and, because I'm fed up of having people moaning at me every day about it, Scrambling is going to be removed entirely and only admins will be able to start a vote to do it.

I'm taking the same stand as most other major clans; "Class Limits will never be implemented on our servers." Why? Because they just don't work, There isn't a single unbugged plug-in out there for class limiting, And we're not going to try and code one, because our servers will just lose a-lot of their popularity.

Also, I'm not aware of a plugin that allows that type of voting (Apart from map-rating), so it's unlikely that will be happening either.

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

Would be enough if it just popped up once for every player and as soon as they voted it disappears. Shouldn't be that annoying but it might be hard to get in-game? An in-game survey would probably be the best when people could just fill in "yes" or "no" for a few questions, but that won't be doable I guess. :)

Erik

15. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Awesome, nice Geit!

Yeah, after reading your comment (above) I did some looking into sourcemod's approved plug-ins and although there are a few class limit plugins, they all seem to have minor bugs.

Cool, no worries just a suggestion really!

16. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Geit maybe you should try play on other servers.. Class Limits does work

And link the place where "other" major clans say class limits dosent work :D, so we can see you dindt make it up.

17. Geit Coding wizard!

Scrambling plugin is done, Admins may find the commands under section 2 of the admin menu.

Most of the plugins have a bug where people who try to change class too much, end up with their desired classes weapons, but with the health and stats of another class, which makes gameplay rather weird. (E.G Scout with minigun)

18. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

lol !

19. Re: Please sort out the servers. [RANT]

Don't some of the HH servers have class limits? I've played on plenty of match servers with 6v6 limits on and they all worked fine.

20. Geit Coding wizard!

By 6v6 i'm going to say that would had mp_tournament set to 1,tournament mode has it's own class limiter built into the game, they are probably using that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)