[Poll] I beg of you...

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by HellJack, 1 Oct 2012.

?

Should the spies be removed from #6 Degroot Keep? (This is a poll, not the final decision!)

Poll closed 8 Oct 2012.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Please, can we remove Spys all together from Degroot Keep?

They are annoying as all fuck, just wading into Melee combat and scoring lucky as fuck side/face stabs.

Nothing is worse on Degroot Keep than a single Spy on the final point, just standing there in the corner and scoring 3 or 4 lucky insta-killing face stabs in a row.

Or better yet, having 4 of the damn Red Spys all trying to do Jump Stabs right in front of the Blue Spawn.

Please, let's just do away with them on Degroot Keep.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Cactus The key is to never give up

I see where you're coming from, but it's just like sniper on orange. They're annoying as fuck (e.g. coming out of spawn and getting sniped/bodyshotted to 20hp) but it can be great fun playing as them. I am a no on this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Degroot Keep is not the same as orange. Not really fair to compare them like for like.

I'd support removal of spies. I know how annoying they are. If your comparing with orange... spies on degroot is much more of a pain than snipers.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. hahahaha no.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  5. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Force random class after every death, best idea

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

That.

If Spies are removed from #6 (thank you Eskimo), then snipers (the weapon, not the class) should be removed from #7 as well.

... Yeah, if you go through with this, just remove knives and snipers, not the whole class.

I'm neutral on the issue though.

7. fucking luckstabs >:(

8. cornerstab isnt luck

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

The random class thing isn't such a bad idea actually. I know I'd play Degroot more with it active.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Remove knives- so then what can the poor spy use. Well... it can't use anything. Its degroot keep. Which brings me back to my previous point you can't compare degroot to orange, degroot is a separate game mode.

11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

People were complaining about backstabs, and therefore, they wanted to remove the Spy, on #6.

Then it was brought up that, if so, snipers should also be removed, from #7. It's the same idea.

Why can't / shouldn't we compare these two?

Again, I'm neutral. :P

12. #5 is prophunt :P

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

i agree with cactus on this one, spies on degroot are pretty similar to snipers on orange.

both are at an unfair advantage as snipers on orange have pretty much an open field to shoot across to the opposite team, whilst you have allmost no chance to even hit them.
    Spies on degroot have an entire map where pretty much no one has ranged weapons thus having everyone forced to come close, 1 swift movement and voila.. backstab.

my 3 idea's for this would be:
    1. Deal with it.
    2. Limit them to a certain amount (so that for example, only 1 or 2 players on both team can play that specific class)
    3. Remove them from play

i'd rather not see the 3rd option to be implemented into the servers as i think it wouldn't be fair to the people who have been complaining for a good long time to remove snipers from orange, with the reaction to that being: No, Deal with it.

14. Any of the bottom 2 would remove the server from quickplay.

15. Also the luckstabs can be slightly prevented if you learn how the trickstabs work.

16. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

leaving the only option that has been given countless of times to people asking for the snipers on orange to be removed.

17. Orange isn't on the quickplay because of modified gravity and respawn times.

18. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

so.... what is the reason why snipers haven't been removed?

19. I assume because the population of the server would fall to 3 people.

20. Because not only (most of) GM management against class restrictions and our sever would empty.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)