[Poll] Tekkit offline.. what to do...

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Rioter, 23 Sep 2012.

?

What to do with the Tekkit server

Poll closed 15 Oct 2012.
  1. Put it back online, keep map and current restrictions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Put it back online, map reset, keep current restrictions

26.3%
  3. Put it back online, map reset, allow new/unknown players on but with restrictions/protection

52.6%
  4. Execute the plan (aka keep the server offline)

15.8%
  5. Other

5.3%
  1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Should have mentioned this, Wastelands and Tekkit are currently offline due to lack of use, and both of the servers raking up 170% cpu usage when idle.

Either can be put back online by request or if new features come out in Tekkit.

2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I've been hearing more and more people ask about the Tekkit server. Maybe if we had a map reset we would get back into it.. Oh and alsno if possible not the latest version due to the crafting bench that this hasn't been fixed? That killed it for me and eventuelly.

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, I'd be against a map reset out of principle... But it could work, I suppose?

I'd like to play Tekkit, and I'd like to have no map reset (scratch that, I'm neutral on that), but I may have found another server, which ought to come online in a week or so, so you may as well ignore me and check back in a week. :P

EDIT: Actually, if the Tekkit server becomes popular again (as in, 2+ people regulary play on it), I might stay here I guess. The main reason for 'moving', so to say, is that the other server has a (few?) dozen people who play Minecraft.

4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Crafting Bench killed it, and lack of players. Because the server was locked down to people who knew clan/community members, that kind of thrived people coming in to play the game. We don't do that with normal minecraft, we don't do that with any other game!!! Why do we do it, because the game wasn't locked down properly to prevent/hinder griefers.

Crafting Table III, removing that was a real shot in the foot, but http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plugin-replacement-for-craftingtable-iii.16048/ could be useful...

If we do a map reset, I would open it up again to the wide community, but lock it down so the mess that kept happening doesn't happen again. How it's locked down.. you'll have to get back to me on that. When it would be done... I'm so bogged down with work right now I doubt me personally would be able to do anything for at least two weeks (getting home from work daily around about 7pm, usually asleep by 11pm).

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, I think, indeed, the harshened requirements put the final nail in the coffin, but I think the server was emptying before that anyway (I could be wrong?). At least, it doesn't explain the 'leaving' of coffee, Mysteryem, Queen, Arrk, Fire...

I don't know why, but I'd like to know, because I don't want to play on the server for a month only to see it empty again.

Still, the requirements were probably overkill, even though they shouldn't have mattered that much, because many were leaving already anyway; it just prevented an influx of new players to 'keep the cycle going', so to say. I'm not saying this because I'm almost never on Mumble, only played Minecraft after I had already played Tekkit, and dislike being a hypocrite, so to say - I'm saying this because people told me.

Isn't there something that prevents other people from removing, using, or doing anything with blocks and stuff other people besides yourself placed? It seems pretty easy to make such a thing - but I know next to nothing about it...?

That'd leave destructive tools like nukes, but maybe something exists that prevents other people's nukes and all from affecting your own stuff? It's just an extension of the above...?

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

Isn't there a problem with tekkit as the person who created the mod pack didn't get permission by any of the mod makers?

7. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

The only mod maker who's had a problem with it was the person behind forestry. As far as I know, technically speaking, the mod makers have no say in what is done with their mods. The tekkit guys were forced to remove forestry due to the author adding malicious code into the forestry mod that would activate when used in the tekkit mod pack.

Loads of good fixes that would be needed if the server was opened up more freely: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/known-fixes.22447/

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Well I was kinda bored after I had my solar panle shizzle stuff up and running. But every time the map gets reset I do more and more. I like the "struggle" of getting the componants needed and hate having them in overflow in chests. But then alot of griefing went on. I mean hell, GM members even blew up my fucking house and nobody did shit to prevent it.

But I would be against openign it up to outsiders untill all mods and whatnot for protections are in place. No more friends of friends being let on because even that gave problems. I wouldn't even open it up to other radomers who have played on our other Tekkit servers because you know it will happen, they will ask if their friends can join. Once we have propper protections I would say open it up to everybody. Have server messages telling them to get an admin to protect their patch of land If they do not do this and it gets destroyed then too bad.

And then the crafting table.. For me personally I wouldn't play without it. But there are some patches and fixes out there.

9. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Split this off into it's own topic.

I've also created a poll.

10. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

I'd like to see Tekkit back, its the only game I am really interested in playing with you guys (:(). Indifferent about map reset. Indifferent about opening to community, if we do ... make sure stuff is protected. Oh and also offer TPs to far away places on the map in the first week, walking out far creates lag, unnecessary map size and is the most boring thing in the world. There is no way I am living near spawn again.

11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, I'm afraid I started playing on Gnome's server already...

Maybe I'll switch back, but don't count on it.

12. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

I never really got into tekkit. Might do if theres a stable server to play on.

13. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I like Tekkit but my few tries wasn't really successful on [GM] server. I'd like to try again, though I wouldn't let anybody in, I've suffered enough nervous breakdowns in vanilla already cause of griefers.
    On the other hand if it causes that many problems even when idle, it may not worth it. :/

14. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

At this early stage, looks like it's going to be new map, with some restrictions in place.

I'll work on it... (not tonight. Feel like pure shite)

15. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Perhaps get a staff force of GM members to counter griefers etc?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Only good if there's GM members playing at the time.

17. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Thank you Rioter.

Maybe for now keep the server closed? We always have Chef, Savage and Mysteryem as admins to help us. And while it is closed we can help Harvey out a bit in getting a hang of the game before we go public. This way we also (we as in GM members) have enough time to find ourselves a nice spot on the map without worrying about others too much just yet :P.

When permissions and such are up we make it open?

18. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

I did play Tekkit pretty obsessively when there were others playing too, and I do have pretty extensive server admin experience on another service since Minecraft Alpha.

19. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Closed off or closed to GM only..

To be honest, once the restrictions are out in, I see no reason to hesitate going back live. Keeping it closed off has no benefits and any holes in our restrictions can be identified.

As I said, work in progress. Might be able to do something Friday morning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Oh sorry I mean closed off to GM only untill restricions are in place. I have no problems with randomers as long as people have their shit protected.

Oh and take Mysteryem off the admin list... He will install Kittehcannons and delete all log files pointing in his direction!!!!!!!!!!

NO KITTEH SHALL BE HARMED!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play tekkit offline

2. play tekkit offline

3. tekkit offline

4. play tekkit offline for free,
  5. things to do in tekkit,
  6. how to change your offline name in tekkit,
  7. what to do in tekkit when bored,
  8. can you play tekkit offline,
  9. tekkit change offline player name,
  10. things to do in tekkit when bored