Post your gaming setups/ specs!

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Savage, 20 May 2010.

1. yeah thats the hud lol

cant really blame them though, it'd take an utterly insane amount of reinventing the wheel to match WoW's hud without using a framework to simplify things

2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I don't think EME actually considered that people use SLi. No matter the scenario i'm only ever using a max of %50 on both cards it'll never hit any higher.

3. it's just not a gpu intensive game

my laptop gets 20-30 fps on anywhere from low to medium-high settings, bottleneck is cpu and theres no way of reducing it in settings besides hiding the hud

4. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Somewhat thought this was a relevant enough place to put this so yeah...
    Bought a corsair 240gb SSD off amazon. My word this is the best upgrade I've ever made. 100% worth.

5. mhm i hate using any pc that doesnt have an ssd installed

6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Still waiting for the prices to come down on SSD's. Got a Samsung 840 if i remember correctly in my media pc. It's great, but only 64GB and windows alone is ~30GB

7. yeah i wouldnt recommend a 64gb ssd, it's only viable for windows 8 (fresh install is about 10gb)

8. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

120 gb ssd is quite small as well. Basically just win 7 installed on it currently and only like 25ish gb of free space.

9. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Only thing that's even stored on it is the OS and a few games to play on my 360 controller. *waits for SSD prices to drop some more*

10. Wave There's nothing here!

I guess I could post mine too. It's a store pc but for that price I just couldn't say no and my old one was just too bad.

CPU: AMD A8-5500 APU with GPU: Radeon HD Graphics (3.2 GHz)
    RAM: 4 GB DDR3 (0.5 GB of that reserved for GPU)
    Mainboard: (i shouldn't even mention it...) Medion MS-7800

Mouse: Logitech G400
    Keyboard: I have no idea... it's too old. But it says BenQ on it.

Also, I already destroyed 5 power supplies, and I don't know how.

Oh, no pic. Too lazy to clean my desk up :D

11. Do you happen to know the models and wattages of power supply, out of curiosity?

12. How do you still have a house left?

13. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

inb4 no-brand 250-300w. Le update:
    Desktop
    CPU:
    Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz @ 4.4Ghz (http://valid.canardpc.com/ask8ve)
    RAM: 8GB 2x4GB DDR III 2400Mhz Kingston Hyper-x
    Mobo: MSI GD65 Z77 Gaming Edition
    CD: LG Blu-ray DVD R/W
    HDD: 1x 500GB WD Caviar Black (Boot)
    HDD: 2x 500GB WD Caviar Blue (RAID0) (Games, junk)
    Graphics: EVGA GTX 660 FTW Edition 2GB x2 SLi
    PSU: OCZ XZ 850w Modular PSU (Modular)
    Monitors: Samsung S22B300 21.5" 1080p HD LED 1x, Samsung S22B300 21.5" HD LED x2 (one on order)
    Others: Logitech LX 710 Wireless M&K, Xbox 360 wireless controller, Logitech webcam, Texet mic, Cambridge 4.1 surround
    Crappy iPhone picture (post rebuild):
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  14. -M-m- herpderp

potato image incomming

[​IMG]
    and no still not entirely clean around desk lol (and we windows was letting in all the daylight they could at this picture and its still dark...)

Ghetto modded gpu of mine inside the spoiler.
    (also dark image even with light in the room + the sun shining in...)

motherboard: Gigabyte 870a-ud3 rev 2,1 rev 2,3 or better and i would have been able to upgrade the bios to support fx 8350
    Cpu:phenom II 955 3,2 ghz @ 3,8 ghz (only playing TF2 atm so no need to push it further.)
    Ram:8 gb corsair valueram 1333 mhz cl9
    GPU: xfx radeon hd 6870 dual dissipation ghettmodded with 140 mm fan (cant hear it unless i count the coilwhine from loading screens of games where the fps goes past like 3000 fps)
    PSU: ocz modstream 500w modular
    Case: nexus prominent 5
    cpu cooler: arctic cooling freezer 13 pro (about 900 gram so its pretty damn big (i have like a centimetre of space from it hitting the side of my sound/vibration dampened side of the case lol)
    SSD:intel 330 series 60 gb (operatingsystem and drivers for other components only atm along with webbrowser ofc.)
    harddrives:
    western digital 500 gb drive about 8.4k hours on it
    seagate 500 gb drive 14,3k hours on it atm (had this one since late 2007)
    western digital raptor drive 37 gb (almost 42k hours on this one so it has lived for a really long time now.) got it used from a computer job about 2 years ago and was unused due to the need of dampening unless i wanted to hear random ticking when it was searching in ide mode lol (now that i have an ssd i ofc run achi mode so the drives are alot more quiet now)

what i hear the most from my pc atm is all the fans in the case and the hard-drives gaming or not thats all i hear ^.^
    (They run at 100% all the time due to them being crappy 120mm ones that needs atleast 10v or they stop moving completely and they are like 1200 rpm fans from fractal design)

I also have a blue LED 120mm fan from a old psu that one of my teachers bought. And the unit was not doing anything once he had the computer build and ready turned on the powerswitch for like 2 seconds then it exploded, Took the fuse down in three rooms in his house. (where he built the computer at the time) (he was going to be given another functioning unit (since it is a faulty product) But he said that he was done with that company now and they could keep the working unit.) And he has that psu on display in the computer workshop/classroom now. The soldering on the underside is the worst i've ever seen... (there is enough solder for 3 more units on there and its all in a big lump on the underside aswell) (Its amazing how it even passed inspection)

(silverpower is the name of them. Stay away from them unless you want to ruin something without getting any warranty on the specific component breaking (it did kill a newly build rig for him that he had setup for school)

That fan though runs fine on voltages below 4v and is currently either external fan on top of my case or aimed at me on warmer days, when i need some ventilation or air moving in the room, but don't want to open the window. (the gnats. (small flies that bites you (itching mostly and they are hard to see) (they eat skin and its mostly still stuck on your body (mostly dead skin ofc that they eat.)
    They arrive around 6 or 7 in the evening when the temperature is starting to drop outdoors.)

I'm not the best at writing i know but good enough to read and understand heh.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  15. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

pics or it didnt happen.

16. spidEY シスコン

Totally forgot to post my new rig:

Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50 GHz
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87
    Kingston HyperX 16 GB RAM (2x 8 GB) @ 2133 MHz
    AMD Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X OC 3 GB GDDR5
    Samsung SSD EVO 840 250 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    Dell P2714H 27"

Running on Windows 8.1 Pro, x64 obviously.

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

snip

Last edited: 17 Dec 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  18. Resurrected my 4+ year old desktop with a new GPU a few days ago and finally got the bastard stable today (long story short it was the sound card, not even kidding), so time for an update...

Case: NZXT Phantom
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz 125W version (OC to 3.9GHz)
    CPU Cooler: Akasa Venom
    RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1866 9-9-9-27 (underclocked to 1466MHz 8-8-8-20 due to the trash IMC in Phenom IIs)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H R2.0 (you cannot imagine the love-hate relationship I have with this thing)
    SSD: Crucial C300 64GB
    HDD: ~6 disks of varying ages and sizes
    Graphics: Sapphire/AMD R9 290 Tri-X OC
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    OS: Windows 7 x64 (need to get round to putting 8.1 on it)
    Monitor: Samsung S23A750D (120hz 1080p)

[​IMG]
    (cable management is not as bad as it looks, just terrible angle)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Jun 2014
  19. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Cable management ? What cable management ?

20. you should see behind the motherboard :P

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)