PropHunt 1.5 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Dark, 1 Jan 2010.

1. PropHunt 1.5 Bug Thread

It's about time we had a place to consolidate version 1.5 bugs :p

Anyway, the function I just wrote (GetAnimeEnt) seems to have fixed a lot of bugs - I've just had several rounds across 2 maps with ~16 players and absolutely nothing went wrong. No props in spec, no crits, no scouts with weapons etc. etc.

PHP:
    // much more reliable than an entity index array for cross-round code, since indexes are fucked with between rounds on srcds (only?)
    stock GetAnimeEnt(client){
        new 
    client2ent;
        while(
    IsValidEntity(ent) && (ent FindEntityByClassname(ent"prop_dynamic")) != -1)
        {

client2 GetEntPropEnt(entProp_Send"m_hOwnerEntity");
            if(
    client2 == client){
                return 
    ent;
            }
        }
        return -
    1;
    }
    Basically it replaces g_AnimeModel (a large array of entity indexes) for most functions (especially prop removal), since entity indexes are changed between rounds due to all entities being destroyed and recreated. m_hOwnerEntity is a property of all entities (CBaseEntity) which rarely gets used - I've taken advantage of it in the spawn function and set it to the client whose prop it is.

2. Just found and fixed a fucking huge timer issue which was almost certainly the cause of most of the 1.5 problems. :D

If a certain combination of red and blu wins occurred (absolutely no idea what), the round would be stuck permanently over (internally) resulting in the 100% crits at round end internal code running, prop spawn code not running, pyro unfreeze code not running etc.

3. Déjà vu.

Haha~
    I'll see if I can break it today. I mean I'll see if it breaks today :D

4. Scouts just spawned with full weapon load out and perma-crits on the second to last round of Mountain. Already told you on Steam but you're in game being a Snake Ninja~

5. Fixed the scout thing - it was a bug in the code which removes natasha, sniper and jarate D:

And because that was the first thing in the event code, Timer_Start amongst other things never got fired.

6. Found another glitch/serious problem. When you find a prop you gain full for finding it.

Pyro - Gains full health.
    Sniper - Gains full health + over heal.
    Demo - Gains full health + over heal
    Heavy - Drops to 175.

Looking at it now, it seems on detection of a prop, your health is changed to 175, the Pyro's full, for every class. It only needs to be one hit too. One SMG bullet, one Minigun bullet, one shotgun bullet, etc. If somebody on blue is chasing and shooting at a prop, they have infinate life providing one shot hits every time they fire.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

That heavy one has been bothering me for a long time..

8. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You never play ,and since 1.5 came out i never saw you . . D;

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've played 58 hours, only getting into it now again due to lack of internet. Plus im not at home now. Will be going home tomorrow.

10. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, k ..

(All ur broken internet r belongs to me)

11. You two suck at L4D2~

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Fuck you shinkz

13. Something is making the server FPS drop considerably after a few hours uptime (manifests as stupidly high pings and loss of connection), and since it's only happening to PropHunt and we've confirmed it's not the stats, the most likely causes would be unexpected recursion (which there has been quite a lot of lately) or a quirk of the SDK Hooks extension.

In other words, I'm not really sure what the cause is yet.

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

Something keeps causing 5 minute lag spikes as well that's what

15. XD

16. Some people are complaining the Flamethrower is bugged. Something about it having a longer then normal range~ I've not noticed it though D:

EDIT: I take that back. After being raped on Harvest there's definitely something not right.

17. That's completely impossible unless the pyro's extra speed is doing it.

18. <-- is blaming the lag for it.

19. Just fixed a potential bug where longer timers such as the round and hiding time timers could carry over on map change.

This only applies for admin or RTV mapchanges though - if the round ended prior to the map change the timers would have been stopped anyway.

I've also fixed a minor performance issue with StartTouch (CP bonus) where IsClientInGame would have been called at least once per frame without reason.

And it was running a full on string comparison for each client per frame to block right click for flamethrower only, which is pointless as right click doesn't do anything on slot 2 and 3 weapons anyway.

20. We've fixed the lag - it was running Format on a 64 byte string per client per frame. Not very nice for the server CPU.

That's about 175kb of bullshit per second on a full server.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prophunt bug round start

2. prophunt bug

3. round-end prop hunt