PropHunt 1.5 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Dark, 1 Jan 2010.

1. Jarate = Best. Addition. Ever.

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Told you it should of been added ages ago.

3. Blue team is hit with it when last alive comes along. They don't get it to throw at props~

4. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Pffft.

5. Spykodemon Disabled account

What the hell is the point?

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

To encourage the last guy to shoot I guess?

7. So last prop alive can kick some ass ;D

Last prop alive got the buff banner for a brief period of time but people QQ'd about the orange glow.

8. Nicci Egyptian Princess

Need to put 1.5 on serber! :D

9. Geit Coding wizard!

@Nicci, Being the developers, we always run the latest version. :P

10. Nicci Egyptian Princess

Well then... why did the admin say a couple days ago that it was 1.3 :P

Unless I'm on the wrong server :D

11. Our server is 81.19.212.48:27019

12. Nicci Egyptian Princess

Yeah I was on the wrong one, lol :D

13. 1.5 is brillant, the jarate for last man standing can be annoying with the yellow tint but good if your the last man standing it fun. from a 7v7 the last man took down all 7 of the team alone, was epic.
    Just one thing is the amount of huge props on a team. example 5v5 3 cp's is impossible to survive. you spend the whole time running. be nice if there was a way of restricting the amount of big props as i don't want to remove them completly.

14. I had a short discussion about the Lag problem on one of the AO servers, and I'm fairly certain I can use some of my SandBox tricks to clean up this issue. When playing around with map objects like BSP's or Static Meshes, you will often create lag or hit hard limits imposed by the engine. This is obvious to all of us, but what is unique about the SandBox world is that we find ways to cheat the system in order to achieve the same appearance. I have not had a chance to get my hands on this code, but if I were to guess at the issue from what was discussed with me, I assume the props are spawned then attached to the characters or set up to tick to their location. When the objects are destroyed, the ticking process does not seem to stop which would explain the lag.

The "cheat" that I propose is to spawn a set amount of prop objects over the number of players for a good set and start them ticking to a spot you know should be off the map (Just some stupid low set of cords). Then as you assign prop objects one by one refer to your set of available objects and reassign their tick to the client. When a client leaves, is killed, or the round ends, reassign the prop object(s) to your pool of available prop objects and tick them to the off map location. This way you don't have to spawn or destroy any props.

Keep in mind that this will require some redesign, and you will want to include some checks to prevent items from getting lost.

15. I thought the reason the AO servers lagged was because they sucked, not because of a Prop Hunt issue. There's rarely any lag on the GM PH servers. The only time PH lags is when there's a full server lag.

16. Yeah putting the servers up to 500 FPS did away with most of our lag, and PropHunt was never really any more laggy than the other servers.

17. The lag issue I'm referring to is the one that comes from playing several rounds in the same map.

18. Never had any issues like that on the GM servers.
    I've had Cyberpunk, PH Timber and PH Canyon extended for 3+ times and never came across any type of lag.

19. are u able to fix this?:
    "Not being able to type, call for medic or use any other voice commands like 'help' or 'go left/right' etc?"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shoot as last man in prophunt

2. thats because poor grammar?