PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. yee

2. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

So, opinion/poll time:

Would it be a good idea to make it so that touching the marked capture area around the point (the trigger_capture_area for you map makers) have it heal you just as if you'd touched the control point itself?

Maps aren't guaranteed to have the capture area entity, so touching the point would still heal you... and both would share a timer so you couldn't touch both to get two different heals.

3. no, keep it as needing to touch the cp

4. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Another Smissmas and more weapons to update in the Prop Hunt weapon config.

So, here's an update:
    • The new Festive items now have the attributes of (or are blocked like) their normal versions.
    • The Wrangler and Festive Wrangler are now blocked... they're pointless since sentry guns are blocked.
    • The Short Circuit is now blocked. I could have sworn this was already blocked, but apparently not... and now it's basically a free way to kill Scouts without having to know where they are (seriously, it only takes 5 metal now?). This now also means that all Engineer Secondaries are blocked.
    • The Scorch Shot and Manmelter had their self damage lowered to be in line with the other Pyro flare guns. Seriously, why would you use the Manmelter in Prop Hunt anyway? I'm considering raising the damage on the Manmelter, but...
    • The Spy's Sappers are now listed under PDAs for completeness.

Attached Files:

5. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

I think it should be allowed but with self-damage enabled. It's a hell of a lot harder to spam it everywhere than to spam flames.

6. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I'd go and test if self-damage was working on it (I seem to recall it wasn't at one point), but that'd require the item server to actually be up.

7. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I just checked, the Short Circuit never fires the critical hit check for whatever reason, which is what we use to detect that a player is attacking. So it doesn't deal the Engineer damage when they use it.

8. it still only does like 5 damage, right? just keep it as a novelty weapon
    edit: just looked at gameplay with it, what the fuck

Last edited: 21 Dec 2013
  9. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Whoops, didn't check this thread for a while (between holidays and being sick).

I take it you've seen what it's like... it fires about 5 times a second or something ridiculous like that now. I'm pretty sure it can kill a prop in short order now.

10. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

OK, so I'm going to be testing on a new version soon, which is intended to have the following fixes/changes:
    • Reset the Last Prop status on round start in addition to round end. This is to fix situations where it "sticks" into the next round for unknown reasons (or after map changes).
    • Player models are now removed before teams switch as another attempt to fix the "Pyros all appear as props!" bug some people see in high latency situations.
    • PropHunt Redux now waits to see if the current map is a PropHunt map before loading its prop configurations. This should reduce memory usage on multimod servers when PropHunt isn't active.
    • Fixes the Now Disguised message from displaying multiple times on round start.
    • New prop keyvalue: skin. This is to change a prop's skin to one other than the default. Untested, so it may not actually work.
    • Standardizes where player-specific values get reset so we can make sure they're always reset when a player spawns.
    • New cvar: ph_propmenurestrict. Defaults to 1. If set to 1, this restricts the propmenu command with args (i.e. "propmenu models/props_gameplay/cap_point_base.mdl") to only allows props that actually appear in the menu. THIS CVAR IS IGNORED ON RANKED SERVERS because ranked servers will always force this behavior on.
    • New file props_allmaps.txt that contains a list of props that appear on all maps. By default, this file only contains the control point prop.
    • New file prop_menu.txt that contains a list of props that appear in the propmenu on all maps. By default, this contains the pyro and ghost models.
    • New system to restrict weapon replacements to certain classes only.
      • The Reserve Shooter is now replaced by the stock shotgun for Pyros and allowed again for Soldiers. It was blocked for both classes.
        • This is to fix a 'Native "GetEntProp" reported: Entity -1 (-1) is invalid' on stats2.inc line 173, which was preventing Pyros with the Reserve Shooter from having their kills logged.
    Hmm, there's more I need to test than I thought.

11. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

By the way, in case I didn't mention it here already, but it's a good idea to use SourceMod 1.5.3-hg3952 or newer, as SourceMod 1.5.2 doesn't block crits like it's supposed to in PropHunt, VSH, or similar modes.

I've tested most of the changes in the previous post. The ones I haven't checked are:
    • Last Prop resetting. It's never been clear what exactly caused it to not reset, but I'm going to assume it's working properly now.
    • Memory usage on non-PH maps (although PropHunt Redux appears to be working as usual, so moving the load statements has no adverse effects)
    • Player values resetting (this is a non-obvious one if things appear to be working)
    • ph_propmenurestrict. This was an oversight on my part... I meant to check it while checking everything else.
    • The new "skin" key. Too lazy to use the model viewer and find which props have multiple skins.
    More server testers would be helpful

In addition to the bugs in the previous post, I also squashed some errors that made compiling the STATS version not compile without manually making changes. If you have stats2.inc, you should now be able to compile it without any changes to prophunt.sp (other than uncommenting #define STATS).

Attached Files:

Last edited: 24 Jan 2014
  12. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I'm an idiot and forgot the new translation file in the PHDataPack in the previous post.

Anyway, did testing and ph_propmenurestrict is working as intended... once the new translation file is in place.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 24 Jan 2014
  13. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I finally got off my butt and did some testing on PropHunt Redux 3.1.0 beta 2.

I didn't see any bugs with the changes I made since beta 1, so I'm releasing it as PropHunt Redux 3.1.0 final (source).

This issue fixes an important stat tracking bug on stat tracked servers for Pyros with the Reserve Shooter equipped, so it's highly recommended that stats-tracked servers upgrade to it.

Note: Because of the updated translation file above, it DOES require an updated PHDataPack, which also includes all the updated map configurations for 007facility and the like.

Note 2: This build should also fix some issues with 3.x versions not compiling against stats2.inc without changes. Oh, and ignore the #define LOCALSTATS sections in the source code as it's not finished it.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2014
  14. updated the gm server now, cheers powerlord :)

15. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

(Not sure if this is possible or not, so a thousand apologies for asking if it isn't, but anyway.)

In lieu of the comparative drop in players joining the magnificent prophunt servers you have, would it be possible for the server tags to include something in the region of "prop" or "prophunt"? It may be just my imagination, but the few servers (mentioning no names of course) that have this seem to have this included seem to have a comparatively higher average player count.

16. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Did your name get longer last time I looked at it?

17. Good suggestion, added

Last edited: 1 Apr 2014
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  18. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Expect a new version of PropHunt Redux in the next few days once I find out if some bugs servers were seeing were fixed.

It fixes a few errors that snuck into the 3.x releases that weren't there in the 1.x and 2.x versions.

Edit: This version is already available in one of the last posts in the AlliedModders PropHunt Redux thread.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2014
  19. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I haven't heard back about whether one corner case bug was actually fixed or not, but I think the other bugs are important enough to warrant a release.

So, PropHunt Redux 3.1.3 is out. This is a maintenance release and introduces no new features.

The changes are documented in the Server Setup thread. By far the most important change is fixing where there was a very slim chance that teams wouldn't be switched prior to the round changing, which would do weird things like putting all players from both teams into the BLU spawn room.

You can get the plugin or its source.

A new prophunt_config.cfg was introduced in order to modify the Fortified Compound to make it match the Huntsman's damage. However, when fixing the names of the Botkiller items (since I was already modifying the config), I found that the Gold Botkiller Sniper Rifle Mk.II wasn't being blocked like other sniper rifles were. This has been fixed.

You can get the updated config file separately or download it as part of the new PHDataPack.

Plans for the future versions:
    • Reports are that mp_restartgame or a Restart vote messes things up badly. I will be looking into catching this and properly restarting the round if this command is issued.
    • Fix issues where players that were just teamscrambled by GScramble don't have their prop model set until pre-round ends.
    • The amount of time for setup may become a cvar instead of being locked at 30 seconds. Code for this was added in the most recent version, but it is commented out and not active. Note to mapmakers: The amount of time you set for your maps should include the 30 seconds currently used for setup time. 30 seconds is subtracted from the round time when setting up the timer for compatibility with older map configs.
    • The config file names may become smarter in future versions. Right now, it simply strips off everything after the final _, but future versions will likely try the entire filename first (minus the .bsp) and if that doesn't exist, strip them off the end until only one _ remains. So, for instance, arena_farm_feud_b1.bsp would look first for arena_farm_feud_b1.cfg, then arena_farm_feud.cfg, then finally arena_farm.cfg.
    • PH currently doesn't swap team scores when teams are switched... I intend to change this.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  20. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

OK, I didn't post PH 3.2 here yet because 3.3 beta ended up have some new stuff going in sooner than expected. At the moment, I recommend holding off on 3.2 unless for the moment unless you're seeing timing issues with teams not switching

HOWEVER, there's a more pressing issue, though. Here's a new config file for the Love and War update.

The file should be unzipped into addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/

Changed weapons:

1. Back Scatter is replaced with the stock Scattergun as it's insanely cheesy for Last Prop.
    2. The Classic is banned as are all Sniper Rifles.

I will need input from communities about the Tide Turner, which may be too overpowered in this mode.

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prop hunt pyros appearing as props